Search results

1. CJG

Inside of an SPL Phonitor SE (DAC768xs) Headphone AMP

Just a few interior shots of my beloved SPL Phonitor SE reference headphone amp and DAC768xs.
  2. CJG

Beyerdynamic DT-1990 Pro sounds much worse in my eyes as the HD 6XX

The DT 1990's need quite a bit of break in period. Give them some time. I love mine (wish they were balanced though)
  3. CJG

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Hi Erik. I'm currently using the SMSL SU-10, and when comparing the two, it vs the RME ADI-2 PRO FS R BE in terms of a DAC, the RME has a lot of bass energy and it slams much harder than the SU-10. Aside the all of the functions the RME is capable of, I find the SU-10 to have more details, wider...
  4. CJG

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I'm with you on that. I own the A70, A90 and A90D, of all three of them I much prefer the Original A90, not only for the simplicity of the controls, the good quality toggle switches, but the overall sound signature, it's sparkly, energetic, crystal clear in sound reproduction, and other Toppings...
  5. CJG

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

The SMSL SU-10 is the anchor for my entire system. Absolutely love it!
  6. CJG

My Current Setup

Sorry for the late reply. The Schiit Jot 2 has the most driving power despite the published numbers say. All the amp's are fantastic, but the Jot 2 can drive planar's to iem's with incredible dynamics.
  7. CJG

My Current Setup

Not quite. Even when in Hi-Power Mode (High Gain Setting) I was almost maxing it out. However the amp can run them in balanced mode (which I have not tried) but you will need a special Y Cable 4-pin XLR to Dual 6.35mm TRS. It can drive dd's and iem's wonderfully though.
  8. CJG

Just got a used (absolutely mint) og Topping A90 in today. I just prefer the sound that is coming from the og A90 vs the A90D. I find the A90D to have a touch too much sub bass for my liking. My only gripe on the og A90 is that slight hiss (at higher volumes) when using an RCA source. (Edit) I...
  9. CJG

Is the og A90 as clear and detailed as a A90D?
  10. CJG

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Just hooked up my A70 to my RME, and wow does this thing sound phenomenal!
  11. CJG

My Current Setup

RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition > Topping A70 Pro > Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition Planar Magnetic Headphones. My Goodness The Sound is Incredible!
  12. CJG

Interior of a Schiit Modi 3E

Interior shot of a Schiit Modi 3E DAC.
  13. CJG

Interior of a Rupert Neve RNHP

I'm honestly not too sure lol. I think there have been different revisions made on these amps.
  14. CJG

Interior of a Rupert Neve RNHP

Just an interior shot of an RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier.
  15. CJG

Interior of an RME ADI-2 PRO FS R Black Edition

Just an interior shot of my RME ADI-2 PRO FS R BE.
Top Bottom