Search results

1. G

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Mine is on back order, too and supposed to ship on 3/26. They must have had quite the run on this unit. I like what I’m hearing from others reports so far and am looking forward to receiving mine.
  2. G

Subwoofer standby tragedy

Thank you for the reply. You are correct with the y-cable. I took one sub out into a y-cable then into the 2 inputs on the kef wi fi unit and that did the trick. Things seem to be working well and I didn’t have to go through the hell of returning things, thank goodness. I have it all dialed in...
  3. G

KEF Kube 12b wake up/standby issue: Any workaround?

I spoke with a tech at KEF. They had me try a couple of things, one of which was to take only one sub out into a y cable and then into both inputs of their WiFi unit. That seems to have done the trick. So, not stereo subs, but should be fine as I run the mains down to 50hz from me preamp...
  4. G

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I’ll let you know. Mine arrives next week and I’ll give it a solid run through.
  5. G

Thank you, my friend, for the reply! Good news is that I am in the return period for these and that is what I am going to do. The new versions of this same sub have an always on feature (due no doubt, to the fact that others have had this issue). I will likely go with something else. My old SVS...
  6. G

P.S. the seller is the electronics store I purchased them from. They are the ones who said to try the sub trim all the way up, which I did not ever have to do with the old SVS set up. I had gain at 50% on old set up and now at 100% these KEFS are turning off unless I have the volume high, which...
  7. G

The Kef wireless set up uses a unit that is attached directly to the rear of the subwoofer. If I use sub cables, I’m going to need to rearrange placement and I’ve got these in just the right spots for my listening position. BUT, I will try the y-cable if I break out the sub cables and see and...
  8. G

Thank you for the reply, my friend. I’ve got two sub outs on the parasound preamp into the KEF wireless set up so I can place the subs in the right places. Had the same set up with my previous SVS subs (which now I wish I would have kept) and they did not have this issue. Sub gain is turned ALL...
  9. G

KEF Kube 12b wake up/standby issue: Any workaround?

Hey all. I purchased two of the KEF Kube 12b subs to pair with r7’s. Running Parasound Halo P6 preamp and utilizing KEF’s wireless sub gear. The things work fine when they are actually on. However, even with the sub gain on preamp all the way up, I still gotta jack volume up to wake them up and...
  10. G

Hi there. I recently bought 2 of the KUBE 12b and what a mess this auto shutoff thing is. I think these will be going back. Contacted the seller and they said turn the sub out on the parasound halo p6 all the way up and the sub volume down (now at less than a 1/4 on the dial). Got the subs to...
Top Bottom