Search results

1. O

Meier Crossfeed plugin - Has an unexpected behaviour - it acts like a brickwall limiter !

I've been using the version of this open source crossfeed tool, provided by Liqube here https://resonic.at/tools/bs2br I discovered, purely by accident, when observing some other plugin behaviour which I won't go into here, that if I have any EQ processing before sending audio to this...
  2. O

My dongle search rabbit hole

Where do I start? 1st I'm on Windows 10, which could be part of the challenge. Those on Apple devices appear to have a more seamless experience. I have an EMU 0404 USB, audio interface which I use with an AKG K702 headphone - but this is not a very portable solution. So most of the time I...
  3. O

DRC - Digital Room Correction - Time Alignment? Is this a bleeding edge technology solution looking for a problem (and profit for its evangelists)?

Over the last week, I've rekindled an interest in DRC, purely as a further exploration, to see what the current state of play is. Making an effort to modify the frequency response, i.e amplitude of frequencies, to meet a target curve, with a threshold, I have no issues with this aspect of...
  4. O

Headphone Listening with Acustica Audio's Sienna

I thought it good to share, cos it has absolutely impressed me a whole lot. Acustica Audio is a pioneer in a special kind of convolution based emulation of analog audio processing devices, such as microphone preamps, equalisers, compressors and reverbs. Been around for about a decade IIRC. Not...
  5. O

Best section of Audio Science Review, to discuss a "Professional Speaker&StudioRooms+Headphone" Correction solution?

I am an audio enthusiast. Always on the quest for excellent listening solutions. I have tried audio room correction in the past, to improve the "quality" of my budget studio monitors - an Alesis M1 Mk2 pair. Then after years of giving up on the fallacy of cheap audio, and fully expecting that...
Top Bottom