Search results

1. C

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

Both speakers were amazing. But for me...it was definitely the Estelon. The new "special edition" will take 10-12 weeks to get. Gives me time to work on the room. Need to make it look as special as these speakers. Will post pics once they have arrived. Thanks for all the opinions and advice!
  2. C

Again...appreciate all the suggestions, comments and responses. I'm nearing the end of my planning journey and will begin execution shortly. I attended Southwest Audio Fest and thoroughly enjoyed hearing/seeing/touching all sorts of speakers and other components. For some reason, I kept...
  3. C

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

Interesting device. I was assuming that OP was seeking a solution that didn't require changing out other components...but if you are not already married to a nice two channel DAC that you already own...this device seems interesting. It would also solve the "perceived" problem I have of using...
  4. C

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

Back home....enjoyed my 2 days at the event. Appreciate you bringing it to my attention. That Dali is a pretty speaker. Chicago may be in my future.....
  5. C

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

This device seems ideal if the goal is moving from 2.0 to 2.1, and having the ability to high-pass the mains. Signal stays all analog. This even lets you low pass the sub signal differently than the high pass to fine tune results. And a bypass to let you quickly hear the difference in full...
  6. C

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

I covet this entire room. Estelon Forza's paired with lots of good stuff from MSB and Synergistic Research. Sounded amazing.
  7. C

I now know more about electrostatic speakers than I care to...
  8. C

Johnny from Snake River was enjoyable to chat with. Anyone have some of his cables?
  9. C

I appreciate all the responses. Considered, researched and weighed. Happy to report that my original "upgrade" to the living room home theater system...has morphed into a full-on 2-channel implementation of a listening room in what was my upstairs guitar room. I WILL be heading to Dallas...
  10. C

Lol...I'm ashamed to admit that aesthetic is important to me also. The Magico sounded amazing, but was such a plain box compared to the B&W and the Estelons. I'll check out Revel and Salon...thank you. This dealer was actually was going to host 4 rooms at the Southwest Audio Fest and...
  11. C

Curious as to thoughts of others that own or have had the chance to demo the speakers in the title. I'm looking to upgrade speakers, and based ONLY on online research and my past experiences, I thought that I wanted to upgrade to the B&W 801's. I've had 3 different sets of B&W speakers over...
  12. C

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Thank you both for the replies. Not sure why....but a couple days into the new equipment everything was working perfectly with gapless playback. I didn't change anything....so not sure what happened...but all is good.
  13. C

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Looking for some advice. I just got the Topping D90 III Sabre. Loving the sound so far. But I no longer get gapless playback. I'm using Roon, and now I get about a 1/2 second pause in between tracks on an album or playlist. Is this a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Top Bottom