Search results

1. B

Balanced signal connection for bi-amping

Thank You Speedskater !
  2. B

After looking at blue jeans website I see that they offer balanced Y cables of custom lengths as a regular product made with Belden cable and Neutrik connectors for very reasonable cost. Would splitting the output from an SMSL M500 to feed a four-channel Buckeye Amps NC252MP require cables...
  3. B

I would like to thank amirm and everybody else on the forum for the invaluable information and precious entertainment that I glean from lurking on this forum ! While I have been in this hobby for a long time, I have no personal experience with balanced connections for consumer audio. As a...
  4. B

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

somebodyelse Thanks for the info, will go with the additional 2mm pads. Best Regards, Bil
  5. B

tw99 YMMV. This isn't about the system in my home. This is a budget system in a large un-improved room, and the shelf that the DAC was setting on was literally thin sheet metal. My reference is hundreds of live shows in dozens of venues. My truth is how it sounds in that particular room...
  6. B

I am planning to upgrade my Pi 3b music server this winter to a Pi 4b, but I was kind of dragging my feet, waiting for both software and firmware to catch up with the hardware. Sounds like firmware is getting there. Hopefully software won't be far behind. The pi heat load just serving music...
  7. B

On that system in that room, I believe that the maple block under the DAC was an improvement, although combined with the silver digital cable, if it errs on one side of the other, it is on the sweet side. The maple block (approx. 4"x 6"x 10") was added under the DAC because the only thing...
  8. B

I built my first Rpi music server last year based on a Rpi2b+ and a HiFiBerry Dac Plus Pro with the 7" touchscreen and two ea. 256mb usb sticks for .flac storage. I was listening to a twenty five year old stereo in a remote location. I was happy when I got everything working properly, but I...
Top Bottom