Search results

1. Z

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

Uh, I hadn't thought about that. Would something like the SMSL AO300 be okay? I already own an SMSL DL200. Would you recommend connecting the AO300 directly to the PC or using the DAC of the DL200 and only using the amp of the AO300? Anyway, from the tests I managed to find it seems that the...
  2. Z

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

Between the LP6-v2 and the KRK Rokit 5 G5 what do you recommend? I would use them connected to my PC for everyday use (work, videos, and games), for listening to music, and occasionally for recording some guitar pieces. I've already tried the T5V speakers, I liked them for the mid and high...
  3. Z

AMP vs DAC SNR + THD and DL200 vs AO300

Thank you for your reply! Sorry but I am not understanding, why for the calculation of SNR is it considered that the noise is amplified by the gain (rightly) and the signal is not? What I don't understand is that if I considered the amplification stage as an ideal gain, both signal and noise...
  4. Z

AMP vs DAC SNR + THD and DL200 vs AO300

Good morning everyone, my name is Riccardo and I am new to the forum and the world of sound systems. I have a question regarding the technical characteristics of a DAC versus those of an AMP: by comparing products of the same brand (e.g. SMSL) I noticed that the SNR and THD+N of ADCs or...
Top Bottom