Search results

1. lerp

Best Budget Amp Under ~$180 With Optical & BT

I have an iphone, which, as I understand, doesn't support that codec. Right? Or am I wrong on that because the DAC in this case would be providing the LDAC codec instead of the iphone?
  2. lerp

Perfect, thank you for clarifying. Part of the reason I wanted to go with an external DAC is to experiment with different options and sound stages over time, compare differences, etc. Sounds kinda fun :P
  3. lerp

That makes sense. However, I am still wondering- If I have an external DAC connected to an amp, and my phone is connected via BT to the amp, will that be bypassing the external DAC completely?
  4. lerp

I am a n00b so sorry for potentially silly question. I am now wondering about bluetooth w/DACs. In the setup I'm considering, let's say I had an external DAC hooked up to a BT amp. If i connect my phone to amp via BT, will I even be using the DAC? Follow up question: If I wanted to stream from...
  5. lerp

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

If I had this DAC connected to TV via optical, and to a BT speaker amp via RCA, what input mode would be selected to use the DAC with just the amp (via BT)? All it gives the option for are MQA, USB, Optical, & Coaxial, so I'm a little confused on that. In other words, if I wanted to switch...
  6. lerp

I could also do something like a Fosi Audio BT20A Pro + SMSL SU-1. That DAC would give me optical, Fosi gives BT and is a great cheap amp (currently using one on another set of speakers, and really like the tone control abilities). I suppose another way of wording my question for this thread...
  7. lerp

Of course good sir! Freq response: 50-22k Hz Rec amp power: 10-100w Sensitivity: 87dB https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0tJFyjF0EUN/p_779SX50MB/Cambridge-Audio-SX-50-Matte-Black.html I will have to measure my garage when I get home, but it is probably around the 22' x 24' range, somewhere in...
  8. lerp

Hey y'all. I am looking for people's favorite class D amp that has both bluetooth and optical inputs. I have seen the Aiyima T9/T9 Pro, Aiyima D03/D05, Fosi Audio DA2120C, I think SMSL has some too, etc. Are there any that people prefer over others? Really trying to stay under $150ish, maaaybe...
  9. lerp

Wiim Pro Plus + Fosi V3/BT20a Pro OR Yamaha R-N303?

After doing hours more research, I am now considering a Yamaha R-N602 (which I found for the same price as the R-N303), OR, I could shell out a little extra money for a Yamaha A-S501, and then add a Wiim Mini. From what I am seeing online, it seems the A-S line from Yamaha are better built and...
  10. lerp

Wiim Pro Plus + Fosi V3/BT20a Pro OR Yamaha R-N303?

Hello everyone! I just picked up a pair of Definitive Technology BP-9020 speakers for a killer deal and am trying to decide which route to go with regards to amplification/interface. Budget is around the $300-350 USD range. I was planning on going with the Yamaha R-N303, but am wondering if...
Top Bottom