Search results

1. A

Holo Audio Spring 3 Questions

I wonder if it is this roll off that make some people find R2R dacs less fatiguing than chip based DACs that will be flat all the way up to 20khz? Especially if you have a badly acoustically treated room.
  2. A

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

One difference I know of is that in the old version you had to open up the amp to adjust the jumpers while they are accessible underneath the amp in the new model. The enclosure look a little different too. Don't know if there are any other major changes than that. I might have missed something.
  3. A

With 8V I would go for 20dB or bypass. See recommendations here: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blog-diy-audio/41-configure-gain-bypass-and-led-on-audiophonics-purifi-and-ncorex-amplifiers.html
  4. A

I never had any noise like that with mine. If I put my ear close to the driver I can hear a short pop or klick when when I turn it on but it is a very quiet pop. I remember seeing a video somewhere with a guy with this problem. It seem like some have it and others don't. Perhaps soldering a...
  5. A

If you feel that you want to and have the time to please do, but it is of course ok if you don't. :) I have already bought the Audiophonics HPA-S400ET because of price vs value, but I am still curious about how the different implementation of PSU and buffer of the M23 potentially affect the...
  6. A

Just curious. Do you hear any difference between the M23 and the HPA-S400ET? I know NAD makes their own power supply and I'm curious if it is possible to hear a difference.
  7. A

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Maybe, I'm not sure. It was something that affected performance negatively but gave a better SINAD.
  8. A

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I know I read somewhere on this forum (amir confirmed this issue too) that some chinese manufactures are starting to sacrifice other performances in their DACs in the race for the lowest SINAD to get higher up on the list and hence get more sales, but I cannot find the posts about this issue...
  9. A

I looked at the data sheet in the link you provided. The Purifi module seem to have quite extensive built in protection already matching the protection my Classé provides according to the manual. All good! Thanks for the help. :) I think I will sell my Classé and buy this instead.
  10. A

Good idea! NAD M23 have a protection mode. I don't know if they have designied their own or use Purifis built in. I will email Purifi and Audiophonics.
  11. A

I'm not sure what type of protection circuit is common but my Classé CA-2100 have some protection circuits that have saved my speakers on a couple of occations. Amp goes into protection mode. I also know that many brands have these kind of circuits to protect your gear. Not sure what exactly...
  12. A

Do the HPA-S400ET have any type of protection circuit? The NAD M23 do have one but of course it cost a lot more.
  13. A

Review and Measurements of Accuphase E-270 Amplifier

I have a tube preamp (Vincent SA-T8) today as well as a tube RIAA (an EAR 834 clone) but I'm somewhat fed up with tubes. There is some hassle with tubes and also I can hear the distortion and it bugs me. Sure, neither my Vincent or the EAR are the priciest and the best tubes can offer, but I...
  14. A

Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am paying for the brand and looks. However, it is a used one so I would pay only 57% of retail price. And Accuphase have a good second hand value so I might be able to get all of my money back if I feel like moving on to something else. I am thinking of...
  15. A

As I understand this review most of the problems are connected to bad power isolation for the pre. Then this might then not be a problem with Accuphases standalone preamps since they do not share PSU with power amp? I am currently looking at a used standalone Accuphase C-2150 preamp. Looking at...