Search results

1. H

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

i a hoping to use the wiim app on my phone or ipad to control the music using it almost like a remote control. My issue currently is the only way i can play music from the mac is to screen share from another device and use itunes on the mac mini which is painful. So just checking ive got this...
  2. H

Thanks team, currently i have to screen share to the mac from my laptop and play the music via itunes which is a mission. From what you are saying it sounds like i can DLNA from the mac to the wiim and be able to control my library on the mac via the home app all without a loss of sound...
  3. H

sounds like a server would be the easiest option as I don't have an app on the mac that controls playback.
  4. H

One more question, hopefully this should be the last one :-( I assume there would be an option to link the mac to the WiiM via ethernet cable? I'm a bit unsure of how to connect the two as i am probably still old school and think that a physical connection between devices is better that Wi-Fi...
  5. H

Thanks any, I do run Plex on the Mac mini too so will the Wiim see the Plex server during setup? also I didn’t think the Wiim had usb in So how would you connect a usb drive?
  6. H

Looking at pulling the trigger on a pro plus. Quick question, has anyone got one hooked up to a mac mini? if so how does that work and does the Wiim see the music files stored on your mac?
  7. H

Possible streamer & Dac advice

I can’t see a review for that model on the forum?
  8. H

Possible streamer & Dac advice

Hi Team, I previously asked some advice about a replacement DAC for my dying Beresford DAC. I have done some research and thinking about adding a music streaming device to my set up which might look like: Mac Mini -> node 2 - > Topping DX5 -> Naim 5i amp. Reason for this setup is that I have...
  9. H

New DAC help please

Actually I'm not even sure what the Bluetooth on a dac does! :facepalm:
  10. H

New DAC help please

is it this one? does it have bluetooth ? https://addictedtoaudio.co.nz/products/topping-e30ii-dac I am in NZ so range of dacs is ore limited.
  11. H

New DAC help please

appreciate the help guys, I think looking through the reviews, I a going to move fro optical to usb. does the site have recommendations on cables or are they all much the same?
  12. H

New DAC help please

i know i must be missing something but all i can see under the reviews is the ability to search by name? my issue being that im not sure what brands to search on? definately not seeing the blue & green chart sections
  13. H

New DAC help please

im currently connecting via optical digital out from the mac
  14. H

New DAC help please

the beresford is slowly dying hence the replacement. i wouldnt just replace like for like with another one as it appears that there are better options out there accoustically
  15. H

New DAC help please

its been years since i looked at my setup so i guess i want to make sure im getting the best sound possible. i wont be using the dac for headphones just for converting digital files on the mac mini. i dont recall dacs coming with bluetooth capablity when i looked 10 years ago but that might be...
  16. H

New DAC help please

silly question but i assume using the dac with the naim amp means that the dac amp isnt necessary? edit - checked that the 5i is integrated amp so i guess i dont need a pre amp dac?
  17. H

New DAC help please

ps i dont have a lot of cash to throw at this so probably go some something entry or mid range
  18. H

New DAC help please

Hi Team, First post so please be kind ;-) I am looking to update my current dac and have no clue on where to start. i am currently running: - apple mac mini as a media server - into an old beresford dac - to Naim 5i - to some classic kef speakers I really want to change up the dac for...
Top Bottom