Search results

1. P

Wharfedale adds larger Dovedale to Heritage line

I heard both the L100 and Dovedales at Axpona. Far preferred the Dovedales with a nice clean, crisp refined sound. L100's by comparison was loud and not very nuanced. But take this with a grain of salt since you can't really judge speakers at shows.
  2. P

What are some great non-traditional speakers like omnidirectionals and electrostatics?

I was in a similar position as you a while back and ended up buying some JBL horns and then some spatial audio open baffle speakers. In my mind, having different flavor speakers is more enjoyable better than upgrading the same type of speaker if you had to choose a path.
  3. P

How to integrate Sub with Adam A7x

I second that. I'm very curious on o how the new versions sound.
  4. P

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

If you have room for multiple systems, I think that's the way to go. People get caught up wanting something better, but it's sometimes better to keep what you have if you're happy and get something different. Variety is more satisfying. I have LS50's. Then added some JBL horns. Then added some...
  5. P

This is how you make bagels...

It is pricey for sure! But $3.77 a bagel seems acceptable if you really want to try a NY bagel without flying there.
  6. P

This is how you make bagels...

You can buy Utopia bagels through Goldbelly. It's pricey, but not horrible if you really want it. https://www.goldbelly.com/utopia-bagels?ref=gs
  7. P

Cooking on Stove Top vs Barbeque Grill?

There's no best method. It comes down to how well you execute it. I do whatever I'm in the mood for, sous vide, cast iron, charcoal, wood, etc. But the most important factor by a mile is the meat itself. I'm surprised no one is mentioning cuts. IMO, Ribeye cap (outer edge of the ribeye you can...
  8. P

KEF LS50 Upgrade

If you're content with how the LS50's sound overall, then add a sub. It's an absolute must. You just have to use measurement tools to integrate them properly. After that, upgrade the amp as these are power hungry and come alive at mid to higher volumes. I've been sitting pretty with this setup...
  9. P

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I'm having this sporadic issue where the modius doesn't output sound after my macbook wakes up. Even though the macbook recognizes the modius, I usually have to unplug/replug at the dac to get output. This doesn't happen with my other Topping and Schiit dacs. Thoughts?
  10. P

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I've been rotating between the Modius and D50s for a few weeks. I'd fail a blind test miserably. I'm no golden ear but I think I represent the casual audiophile that isn't critically listening constantly. We're really picking at nits. For those ruminating on dac choices, just buy something and...
  11. P

Show us your Cars

hey there! Amazing bike right? I bought mine used 5 years ago. $7k. 3.5 sec 0-60. 10sec quarter mile. Tears up corners. Good times. Motorcycle equivalent to a topping D50s.
  12. P

Show us your Cars

Cheap thrills. Double duty - street and track bike.
  13. P

Look Inside JBL Studio 580

I installed casters on them using the original screw holes so I can wheel them out to listen and then put them away as needed.
  14. P

Look Inside JBL Studio 580

Getting these shipped to Amir is unlikely, they're HUGE. The 590's are one of the most enjoyable speakers I've own in my 20 year hobby.
  15. P

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

I find it amusing that we scrutinize products against objective measurement standards... only then to see pages of discussion about hump audibility because said product was developed by a forum member.
  16. P

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

Thanks for the quick tip. Looks like an affordable option.
  17. P

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

What is the most cost effective way to go from an unbalanced signal (RCA out) to a differential balanced signal (XLR in) to use the Aegir as a monoblock? All my sources are unbalanced and I want to use Aegir's as monos but don't want to have to buy a Freya.
Top Bottom