Search results

1. Balle Clorin

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

There is only one current Ortofon test record that is sold commercially . https://ortofon.com/products/ortofon-test-record The track titles should be self explanatory .
  2. Balle Clorin

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

I find the Ultimate Analog kind of useless. The VTA track is made with wrong modulation - it is stereo It should have been mono Out of phase to help analyse VTA. And you need reverse RIAA after your RIAA!!!( read the back side notes) The sweeps are poor. The only good thing about that record...
  3. Balle Clorin

Parks Audio Puffin Review (Phono Stage)

So you want “modern» GUI with oversized icons , pale poor contrast colour choices that sucks, click and confirm“ are you really sure you want to increase gain? “ Questions, un- discoverable search fields. And the need to click 24 times and a user account to change volume?
  4. Balle Clorin

Fun with vinyl measurements

I filter the files to investigate in Cool Edit Pro. 10-15 years old software. When playing music I only use the low rumble filter in Puffin. And whatever my Trinnov Amethyst decides to do…I can get new upgraded ADC/DAC cards for it now , but have not bothered..
  5. Balle Clorin

Puffing is great, I sure Toslink to me digital preamp, I found an optimal placement and have -82db on the display at 61db gain and LO cut at 20hz. I have a low gain power amp and cannot even tell if my Puffin/Vinyl is on or not when I put my ear 2” from the speaker drivers
  6. Balle Clorin

I have done bandapass too , to isolate and compare left and right phase difference when doing crosstalk and HTA investigations. But my concern is that filtering gives phase shift at 1k also, maybe I am wrong ?
  7. Balle Clorin

What is your SUT gain? I use gain 36 with a 26dB SUT, the out level is the same as. 61dbgain at 200ohm with no SUT
  8. Balle Clorin

I did not see a mention of band pass..? Was that in the script?
  9. Balle Clorin

Has anyone tried this Azimuth Script . I got it to run but have difficulty understanding how to analyse the file.. see post 37 https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/good-song-to-check-azimuth.1092144/page-2
  10. Balle Clorin

Denon DP-400 Turntable has no treble

You are wrong , and I have the numbers to prove it too.
  11. Balle Clorin

Insane: Denon DP-3000NE

But your plot looks just fine..? I use this poor inaccurate bubble level from ClearAudio that goes over the spindle, and rest the phone on top,adjust position for minimum wow.0.04% is the lowest I can get.
  12. Balle Clorin

Those I posted above. W/F from Philip Broder who also made the Yellow one, the other is RPM WOW, both Iphone Android has a very good RPM app too
  13. Balle Clorin

Not a problem here, I use a ring covering the spindle and center the phone center of gravity above the spindle.
  14. Balle Clorin

Denon 51F On test records I get result similar to Thomas above By the way the “Yellow “ app is crap, it measures before the speed is stable
  15. Balle Clorin

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I never stopped playing Vinyl…
  16. Balle Clorin

How do I know the max volume out of my amp?

Be careful , without a volume control or preamp your power amp may get too high signal and fry your speakers. You must keep the volume low enough from the PC to avoid an accident.
  17. Balle Clorin

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

I bought a DSP room correction preamp, DAC Streamer++ https://www.trinnov.com/en/products/amethyst/ I got it second hand for 5000 USD=1/2 of the retail price 5 years ago. Now it costs 14 500 USD. Doing room correction with this advanced machine has been very useful and satisfying. Little reason...
Top Bottom