Search results

1. DKT88

Need some suggestions for troubleshooting speaker distortion

I have a pair of PSB Stratus Gold speakers that have a slightly audible breakup-type distortion (treble) at all volumes. It sounds like its coming from the tweeter. Its in one speaker only. I did the usual swapping components and channels to make sure it was the speaker and not something else in...
  2. DKT88

Passive I/V stage, why not?

I am looking for technical comments on a DAC design that uses resistors and audio transformer (a so called passive no feedback stage) in place of an active output stage. As an example, I was looking at an older Neko D100 DAC (based on the old pcm1794a). The designer makes this claim: The...
  3. DKT88

DAC Digital Volume Control with DSD64

I am trying to use an SMSL M8 as the input device to a power amp. Playback is Foobar-DAC-Power Amp. Playing PCM files I have digital volume control, but with DSD files there I can't limit the volume. I only get full volume on playback. Is it possible to limit volume in software with DSD?
  4. DKT88

Impedance matching DAC to power amp

I ordered an Aune X8 DAC and want to connect it directly to a NORD NC502MP stereo power amp with 47K input impedance. The Aune has a "preamp" output which I assume is just a potentiometer. I haven't found an output impedance spec the Aune. Could this be an issue? And if it is, how would I know?
  5. DKT88

will NC252MP amplifier module drive my speakers?

I'm wondering if a Hypex 252MP 250W per channel amp will drive my speakers (Thiel 2.2) to modest listening levels at about 10 feet. I suspect the answer is yes but I have some uncertainty and can't demo it. The speakers are 86db sensitivity and are nominally 4 ohm with a minimum of 3 ohms. Is...
Top Bottom