Search results

1. M

Motherboard integrated audio card VS Audio DAC

So I tried the test with a "soundless" audio source. I heard about this source: "23 Seconds of Silence, by Wilco, and....nothing! I still don't hear anything. Regarding these micro noises, I understood that they mainly came from the GPU, however mine and its fans only activate for AAA games...
  2. M

Thank you for your explanation! I have just noticed on this forum that someone has already covered the subject of this ALC 1220 and in which recommends using the SPDIF output to connect their DAC. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/realtek-alc1220-a-look-on-pc-sound.24019/
  3. M

Well, with my card, it's the rear port, the one closest to the components, which is the least subject to interference. It's weird.
  4. M

Having previously had a Sennheiser HD 25 ii, I did not notice any notable differences with the DT 1990 pro in terms of sound scene, whatever the audio source. Indeed, whether it comes from a movie, a video game or stereo music, this 1990 DT, which cost me 500$, was no better than my Sennheiser...
  5. M

Oh great, thank you for your link! I will try that too
  6. M

Yes indeed, it can be quite dangerous! That said, your other method seems complex. Looks like it, for someone (like me) who has no idea what ASIO routing is :(
  7. M

Ok, thanks I'll try that :) And I'll keep you informed afterwards.
  8. M

Oh ok! You mean an audio source in which there would be no sound?
  9. M

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me! The thing is, I want to be able to get the most out of my DT 1990 pro. This is a 250 ohm headphone, which is not so easy to drive. When I plug it into a smartphone, it's a calvert, or into a standard PC jack output, noise and no power. Whereas...
  10. M

Thanks for your response. Haha, however, I make the effort to pay attention to the details! The ideal would have been to try several types of amps to see the difference, but if it's just a matter of power and extraneous noise, then my ALC 1220 is obviously doing well? I saw on a forum about an...
  11. M

Not having received full satisfaction on this subject and even on this kind of forum dedicated to the passion for audio, I propose this debate to you again. What is the difference between an audio card integrated into a PC motherboard and an audio DAC, USB, for example. So why this question...
Top Bottom