Search results

1. japesinjapan

DAC died. Replace it with a new DAC or a miniDSP?

They are coming out with an HDMI version soon btw https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/flex-ht
  2. japesinjapan

With a signal coming from the mini dsp going to the amp and another to the subwoofers, where are you controlling the volume?
  3. japesinjapan

How about this: Dirac on PC. USB out to dac amp. Optical from tv to dac amp. Dac to kc62 for the high pass. Kc62 to the 40n for mains.
  4. japesinjapan

Ya, I was thinking that. But apparently it's sinad goes to shit if it isn't running at 100...
  5. japesinjapan

Not sure about the dac quality in there, and I would still need one for my headphones anyways so it doesn't really solve my issue. I do use it for the tv though, but I wouldn't be able to set hpf or Dirac that way either
  6. japesinjapan

I was thinking JDS labs, but I'm still not sure then how to control volume for the subwoofer, and how to add dirac to the chain.
  7. japesinjapan

Thanks. I'm not so worried about the price, I'm more of a "buy it/do it the right way, one time only" kinda guy. Also try to avoid chinese products where possible, but sometimes it is unavoidable.
  8. japesinjapan

Greetings fellow nerds. My DAC is currently dying a horrible death. I need a new one. Current chains: 1. PC into ifi ZenDAC V1 into Marantz 40n into LS50 meta. 2. TV via HDMI into Marants 40n into LS50 meta Easy solution is to get a new Dac/Amp, maybe topping, and I can handle that. But...
  9. japesinjapan

2.1 amplifier that plays nice with a sub

There isn't, but the KC62 or a minidsp does, so I went for it anyways. Just work around it. turns out it is almost exclusively an AVR thing, and since I came from that, I didn't know. Where did you get this from?? Edit: Nevermind, he's talking about the P6. https://parasound.com/p6.php
  10. japesinjapan

Dali subwoofer gain knob too sensitive?

Ya, I'm looking at a minidsp but I havn't checked them out nearly enough to make an informed purchase yet. Will take some time. I ran some sine sweeps, the only big peak i heard was around 150, i'm playing with the EQ now to drive it down if I can. I'm not really great with EQ though, put it on...
  11. japesinjapan

Sorry to hear that. It is frustrating. For me, it isn't the difference between 11 and 12 o'clock, it is the difference between minutes or less. I wonder if i should just get a dirac solution and go from there....
  12. japesinjapan

2.1 amplifier that plays nice with a sub

Ended up getting a marantz 40n on sale. Could have used more power but features and price were great. Easy on the eyes as well.
  13. japesinjapan

Greetings, fellow nerds. So I bit the bullet and bought the ls50 meta (very original of me, I know), and grabbed a Marantz 40n on sale as well to power them. Joyous. Surprising no one, the ls50 need a sub to really get going, so, I run downstairs and steal the Dali Sube 9-f from my home...
  14. japesinjapan

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Off topic, but as someone who lives his life in a 2nd language (japanese) I love your English and your user name. You rock, sir. Confidence is important.
  15. japesinjapan

Space behind the speakers isn't much of a problem. The walls to the side however are. Mostly though, I'm worried that id just be sitting too damn close to them considering the 180x80 desk size... The ls50 meta would give a precious 10 cm or so more
  16. japesinjapan

Appreciate the info! Ls50 meta it is then!
  17. japesinjapan

Why would they look weird? Big you mean? My desk is actually a kitchen table, 180cm by 80cm. It is 50 cm from the back wall and 20 cm from the side walls (it is a book/den type thing in my master bedroom). I'd use the speakers in near field mostly, plus extra duty as tv speakers when in the bed...
  18. japesinjapan

What is the verdict on these in the nearfield (desktop 1m-ish) use case? And how about vs the ls50 meta in nearfield as well?
  19. japesinjapan

Denon AVR X4500h with a stereo amp

Ah, got it. I should say that I've tried two patterns, one being to work with the editor app which has be very happy whlith the home theatre, but I did not enjoy it for music and the problems we've spoken of above are regarding when I've tried to dial things in with the editor app for music...
  20. japesinjapan

Denon AVR X4500h with a stereo amp

Sorry for the delayed response. I can't put a number to the bass range, mostly because I don't know. I'll say that kick drums that should hit like an 80s song end up being softened and come out more like something from the Beatles. The hit and impact goes away. That's what I meant by "rounded"...
Top Bottom