Search results

1. S

WiiM Amp discussion

The Amp is sitting in our office, with my laptop fan making noise like it is about to take off. Just went over to it to check if it was still making noise.. got close enough for my beard to get shocked. I can say with confidence that it also whines. As for @ninetylol 's response, I personally...
  2. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Haha, right on! It was next year too then.
  3. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Same here.. though in my response they spoke of “next week”.
  4. S

WiiM Amp discussion

@xSDMx , @Kabeltrommel , @Saschi333 , The solution would be simple, the question is why doesn’t WiiM offer for its streamers (w/ DAC) and amp the ability to adjust the gain or attenuation per source in the app. The old Yamaha RN602 had this fantastic function. My wife feels we’ve downgraded...
  5. S

Canton speakers.

14-30% BF deals on https://www.canton.de/produkte/serie/online-exklusiv/ *Edit: link adjusted to full overview.
  6. S

Tell me your best preamp

Purchased and returned. Two of the bottom screw heads were loose in the packaging, must have been so tight they came off during shipping. That, and the fact that I have come to learn I want a stepped relay attenuator to ensure the balance to speakers is spot on!
  7. S

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

I would use the passive mode to have a high quality attentuator to avoid full blast volume software glitches with my Topping DAC and simple "switch" between my fully analogue turntables and the prior. From what I'm reading for it to go from single-ended to balanced I would need to power it. I...
  8. S

New Matrix Audio mini-i 4 and mini-i Pro 4 Streamers.

If you send one in for a review, probably yes.
  9. S

Tell me your best preamp

EQ is really a must for in-room sound optimisation. It is also on my wishlist for when I've fulfilled my 'analog volume attenuation requirement in a simple 2-in 1-out balanced pre-amp' need. Volume attenuation with this DAC/pre-amp/EQ device is digital though. Although it might be 'fixable'...
  10. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

To stay on topic: happy Friday, happy music
  11. S

Topping D70S fried my speakers...

Not a bad idea! I’m evening reading that it has a look ahead function. Unfortunately, it still has its limitations if I’m not missing something: I cannot run my TV digital out, which runs through a DAC, through foobar for attenuation, can I? I need a “post-DAC” solution for attenuation.
  12. S

A few options in this topic: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tell-me-your-best-preamp.42417/post-1708976 And a European based option (no measurements), though...
  13. S

Tell me your best preamp

Really appreciate you sharing this experience and advice. The volume potentiometer will not be actively used, it should simply stay at that predefined (safety) level - so it really doesn't need any other function. As I don't have a 'dedicated' pre-amp yet and will want to connect my turntable...
  14. S

Tell me your best preamp

Thanks @Joe Smith. I should have precised that I am running balanced connections. That being said, looking in the "pre-amp" list of Schiit, the first viable option would then be the Schiit Kara? Quite a step up. Having something as simple as the Schiit Sys, but then with Balanced connections...
  15. S

I'm in the market for a well priced "good quality analog volume control unit". *edit: one that doesn't introduce any unnecessary noise, degrading my source and power amp SINAD at 113 dB). Remote control ability is only a 'nice to have', though more importantly, unless stupidly easy, I don't want...
  16. S

Tell me your best preamp

I'm in the market for a "good quality analog volume control unit", for very little money - haha. *edit: one that doesn't introduce any unnecesary noise, degrading my source and power amp SINAD at 113 dB) Do you have any recommendations? Want to avoid the "DAC switches to VOL 100"-situation. Thanks
  17. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

This "jumping" on new members is every now and then quite offensive.. Some of us in here really need to tone it down a bit and be more welcoming and accommodating. Just my two cents, from the perspective as a new member.
  18. S

USB to 12V trigger input?

Ok, this last point indeed then does end up require quite an “involved” solution, like yours. Honestly, the implementation of current to the USB port sounds logical. Reducing potential noise in the circuitry and or unnecessarily powering a device while not being used. It could have also been...
  19. S

A digital usb input might not - to be honest, I’m not experienced with that at all so wouldn’t be able to say. But if it is a usb port which *powers* an external harddrive or general usb peripheral (e.g. CD drive), it can’t function without “electricity”.
  20. S

Looking to do the same for the Mini-I 4. I need a 6 to 18 v signal for it to turn on my amp (Nilai500DIY). Did you get any further with your set-up?
Top Bottom