Search results

1. M

Which IEM with ~500 to 1k budget

Start with buying a handful of well received budget sets to get a feel for what fit and tuning style you prefer.
  2. M

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

The only cable I like more is the one that came with Truthears Hola.
  3. M

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Yeah, Harmans work is such a net positive, can't be overstated.
  4. M

I can appreciate the experience gained from that. Most of all it exposes you to how quickly you loose discernability after a few hours. You become functionally deaf to details that you would pick up easily with fresh ears. Compare that to something like ones language skills, where you get...
  5. M

I didn't read the graph that way. Given that the bass is elevated vs Harman IE on both sets it would be better for the treble to approach almost Harman IE magnitude like the R2 does. More so given that a real person prefers R2 after hearing both. The notion that a 10kHz notch is problematic is...
  6. M

Distortion products above 8kHz are outside the the hearing range of a healthy adult. Your results are expected. Everyone should be encourages to try empirical experiments like this for them selves and save their imagination for story time.
  7. M

If you count browsing third party graphs as marketing(?), that was the deciding factor for me each time. To clarify, if KZ's resources would be better spent on real ears evaluating their products, at least it would be better for the consumer, instead of their infamous marketing.
  8. M

Keep in mind, real and artificial ears are not linear systems like DACs and Amps. The resulting response is a result of a number of physical interactions, combine that will individual anatomic variation and you can be sure that individual responce will vary bettween individuals. Here is some...
  9. M

What are your top 3 IEM ?

The stock response is an acquired taste. With EQ it's easy to spoil what makes it special, it has a learning curve. If these hurdles are overcome you will be rewarded with a very transparent response.
  10. M

Countering misinformation about AutoEQ

Some data to consider: Notice how the magnitude takes a nose dive below 40 Hz. No wonder Sean Olive used 40Hz as a cutoff for his model.
  11. M

What are your top 3 IEM ?

Out of 30+ IEMs I've owned Truthear Red - Excellent balance with minimal EQ and excellent fit Moondrop Chu - Not stock, but modded it's stil my favorite 1DD, warm mids and moderate treble snap Tanchjim One DSP - Balanced preset sounds great and DSP cable can be used for any IEM
  12. M

Is it worth upgrading to a new KZ?

I have owned five KZ IEMs. I don't hate them but they are not as well tuned as other brands IEMs for the same price.
  13. M

How to measure IEMs cheap for use with AutoEQ?

I would recommended getting Chu for learning how damping works in the front vent and nozzles, even more when you have a coupler and can measure the effects.
  14. M

New IEM KZ D-Fi.

I meant to follow up on my experience with a second D-fi for a while, better late than never. At first I got the switch version. On the graph it looks very much in line with my personal preference. In my ear it sounded weird. A washy mid characteristic and a muted treble, a step back from other...
  15. M

Crinacle bought the B&K 5128/4620

If your IEM wasnt measured on BK5128 try this Delta target. It was derived from BK5128 measurements by some other guy than me. Honestly I think it sounds better than the real thing.
  16. M

I don't think any of the current proposed BK5128 targets improve the stock response of my Truthear Red + my manual EQ adjustment to the treble. To be fair it's already kind of close to one of them: Note the JM-1 variant in this graph tool has 2dB more treble than the one in AutoEQ, confusingly...
  17. M

AutoEQ now uses a modified JM-1 with Harman filters for a target with BK5128-measured IEMs. This taget was not included in the CanJam 2024 presentation and has not undergone formal testing. The closest target that has is SoundGuys target, which was tied with Harman 2019 converted for 5128...
  18. M

Which presets are those? Toward which target?
  19. M

Imagine how challenging achieving consistent measurements would be with a pinna attachment.
  20. M

All I can say is that most who create deltas, "corrections", target equivalent systems (RA0045 to clone 711)in order to reduce individual difference between measurements from each rig. A more consistent delta also makes it easier to verify that the measurement was good and the coupler works as...
Top Bottom