Search results

1. R

Weather Proof... I Wish I Was

They only made it better! they sound great, and actually look good. Really liked the horizontal configuration. Convinced me to ditch the flush mount idea which would probably be a nightmare when using concrete. Now i just need to figure out how to insert a wood plank to the back of the front...
  2. R

This will be great. If you have images of the speakers it will also be great.
  3. R

Hi, took your advise and ordered a 200wp driver and there are a couple of things i found out. 1. this driver has a foam ring in its front side. I think its usually used for car speakers. did you leave the foam as it is? did you flush mount the driver? 2. As my intention is to make an outdoor...
  4. R

Just what i was looking for. they also look really good. What kind of cabinet did you use in your project?
  5. R

Switching to winisd pro and entering minimal number of parameters worked and I got the integrity check. Results are exactly the same...
  6. R

While I'm not planning on listening when It's raining, I do want these to be able to withstand harsh conditions without the need to protect it. I don't think that a regular driver, even when protected (from the sun/rain) in someway will survive the heat, humidity and dust.
  7. R

I wanted to build a concrete speaker for some time now. So, when I decided to build speakers for the garden, I thought it's like getting two birds with one stone (well two, for the stereo effect ). Couldn’t find any tutorials so I started searching for weatherproof drivers and found the Visaton...
  8. R

Sphere shaped speakers with CHN110 drivers

I'm glad I inspired you into it. It's a fun project. I actually ended up using a wooden ring as the base which lets me adjust the angle of the speaker. I like the white, but i would go opaque white. I see you didn't make a port. Did you use a low pass filter? I used the CHR-70 drivers and while...
  9. R

Full Range OR Coaxial?

My last built was a bamboo sphere. I was suggested to use a coaxial driver instead of a full range driver, but for this design I opted for the latter because of the price and looks while the performance was still good. Now I'm starting a new build (a concrete building block/wood thing), and the...
  10. R

sphere shaped speakers

I don’t know how important it is for standing waves but the way I built it, it’s not a perfect sphere, the Y diameter is 28cm while the X diameter is 26cm( the internal dimensions are about 2 cm less in each direction).
  11. R

sphere shaped speakers

I don't have any good measuring equipment. Will get some soon. I'll try to run it through the Audyssey mic and app to maybe get some info.
  12. R

sphere shaped speakers

This is actually the smallest sister of the same blanda bowls line. I just cut the bottom. It's not ready yet as i want smooth it and to add some silicone damping pads to the bottom and to where to speaker touches the stand. Try to cut a bigger hole then in the image for better stability of the...
  13. R

sphere shaped speakers

Done
  14. R

sphere shaped speakers

Looks very interesting, but as I am also new to speaker building, I can't really give you technical feedback on this. It makes me think about a chimney style port at the top :) What I can tell you is that one of the limitations of this build was using drivers up to a 100$, so these Daytons are...
  15. R

sphere shaped speakers

Well, the drivers for this sphere project will be mark audio's Chr70.3. When I inserted all the parameters to winisd everything looked good but then I got to cone excursion… this is a 20W driver, but according to winisd using 20W it will bottom out at 110Hz. Only when lowering the power...
  16. R

sphere shaped speakers

This is what I call flush mount. About this stand, is this a better way than using spikes?
  17. R

sphere shaped speakers

18. R

sphere shaped speakers

Thanks. Bought it and will go through it today, although for this project I wanted to try and skip the use of of a crossover and see what can drivers like mark-audio's do (but now I'm not so sure). From a quick glance saw some very good ideas I can implement no matter what driver I choose.
  19. R

sphere shaped speakers

Look at this page: https://www.daytonaudio.com/category/123/full-range-drivers?pagenum=3 while all are full range drivers, the ones with the plug are called point-source...
  20. R

sphere shaped speakers

I saw this page which is great (this guy work a lot), but most of his favorite drivers are hard to find or not manufactured anymore. I was thinking about dayton rs-100-4 which is from the same line of the rs75-4 he really liked.
Top Bottom