Search results

1. I

Advice Needed: Can't kill the buzz, but the buzz is killing me.

Interesting! Any idea where I can read more on this?
  2. I

So before dragging a cable across the house to connect the AVR up to our refrigerator's chassis ground, I decided to bring my UPS over (which has a TVSS ground screw) and try using that for the grounding point. I plugged the UPS into the wall (not the Furman, though I don't think it matters)...
  3. I

Interesting! Okay, yeah, let me see what I can do. I've got some small gauge wiring lying around that I can probably use to fashion a ground. So I'll just run some cable from the phono ground pin to, let's say, the chassis ground on my refrigerator in the room over? Currently the phono ground...
  4. I

Bump. Hoping someone has some ideas for fixing this issue that I might be missing! Or maybe someone out there has a nice set of passive speakers and really wants some KEF LS50Ws
  5. I

I'm just about at my wits end trying to troubleshoot this. Just moved into a new house, and added some new equipment in the move, so there are a lot of variables at play here. Despite that, I've tried to be methodical in tracking down the issue. Issue: When powering on the KEF LS50W speakers...
  6. I

Advice Needed for Integrating Active Speakers (KEF LS50W) with AVR (Onkyo TX-RZ50)

Moved the cables over to the Front Pre-Out jack, cranked up the volume on the KEFs, and sure enough: glorious sound! Turns out I just had the KEFs (and the AVR) turned down too low when I initially had it hooked up. I'm sure there was some sound coming out when I first had it hooked up, but it...
  7. I

Advice Needed for Integrating Active Speakers (KEF LS50W) with AVR (Onkyo TX-RZ50)

Thanks for the prompt response! Yeah, in my previous setup with the Integra AVR I had to use the volume control on the KEF speakers (via a universal remote that also controlled everything else, so it wasn't a pain), and the sub was controlled by the AVR volume control. Now, adding in other...
  8. I

Been lurking here for a while and finally got around to creating an account. I've just recently replaced my Integra DRX-3.3 AVR with an Onkyo TX-RZ50, and I'm adding some speakers to my setup. I'm working with a weird, mismatched assortment of speakers in a 5.1 arrangement, plus speakers in 3...
Top Bottom