Search results

1. P

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I use Apple TV 4K to stream Apple Music to AirPort Express (2nd Gen) and use a simple toslink /coax Converter to send SPDIF to KH120 II Digital Input. After some research I couldn’t find a technical reason to invest in a more expensive streamer with features not needed for my use. The KH120 II...
  2. P

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

Me too. I listen to KH 120II at 7’ MA-1 aligned and I’m happy enjoying my music. Sure the KH 150 would be even better but don’t want to spend more. Maybe a 750 sub later.
  3. P

Genelec, Ascend or Arendal for Upgrade?

Thanks again for your impressions of the Sierra LX and KH speakers. I finally settled on the KH 120 II (KH 150 out of my budget) after considering all the helpful input on this post and many others on this forum. I really liked the Sierra LX but to make them work well in my space I realized I...
  4. P

Thanks for your input. You are correct that I have not previously considered impact of room acoustics, but since reading posts on this forum for several months and trying a number of highly regarded speakers that have disappointed, I am now considering it. I know I don't want to deal with room...
  5. P

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I'm doing that now and they do very well. I've been auditioning many similar sized well tested/reviewed bookshelves up to $1600 and these sound as good as any. Plus, I have them close to a wall on wall stands and sound is impressive to my ears. I'd be curious if "better" amplification than WXA...
  6. P

Thank you for your helpful reply. Pretty much narrows it down for me to the Sierra LX and the KH 120 II (150 is outside my already much expanded budget).:) I will need to audition these and then decide.
  7. P

Same thoughts. The price point on these is also attractive.
  8. P

I have considered the 2EX V2 but lean toward the LX as it seems more versatile and has wide dispersion.
  9. P

I would not plan on using a sub for either of these speakers. And yes, one of the plus for the Sierra LX is that they likely will have more than enough bass for me as is. KH120 II is more expensive by about $500 than the LXs but it is powered and and has facility for room correction. I really...
  10. P

Appreciate the comments about speaker positioning. I'm somewhat familiar with speaker positioning and it does make sense to me that bringing speakers away from a wall better allows a soundstage. I had the Q100s on stands away from the wall and didn't notice a particular difference than when they...
  11. P

A couple of months ago my enjoyment of focused listening to classical and popular vocal (particularly female) music was rekindled and spurred me to consider upgrading my audio equipment. My main music source is Apple Music Lossless (enjoying new Classical App). I was listening through Kef Q100s...
Top Bottom