Search results

1. robithinker

Digital Signal from MiniDSP SHD to Adam Audio S3V

I purchased two Adam Audio S3Vs in July 2023. Last week one of the monitors began having a popping sound, even when it was only plugged into the mains. After resetting and trying other things to fix it, I came to the conclusion that it must be a problem with the amplifier. The took a video...
  2. robithinker

Digital DIRAC Signal to Monitors with DSP

Thanks for the feedback. Re:stereo implementation, I'm coming from a 5.1 setup with Focal Aria 948 for LR and an Onkyo amp. We're moving to a more simplified setup. Good to know regarding enabling SAM. And yes, I would use the AES connection for digital.
  3. robithinker

Digital DIRAC Signal to Monitors with DSP

In this thread Active Speakers for New Listening Room I queried which monitors for a room that is 128 cubic meters/4500 cubic feet, with a listening distance of about 2.5-3.0 meters. I have bought a MiniDSP SHD as the main source to feed either Neumann KH420's or Genelec 8361a's, haven't...
  4. robithinker

Active Speakers for New Listening Room

They do indeed cover all the requirements, except for the height, which is a killer criteria. I need to find shorter speakers that can be placed below windowsill height in our living room. It's 90cm high, so the KH420s with ~60cm would work well, and could be placed on short stands. Also, the...
  5. robithinker

I have looked at the M1's and the M1S's. But at the moment I am leaning most toward the Neumann KH420. Given they have no DAC/DSP, I have to find either an all-in-one solution like the miniDSP SHD or two device solution like the miniDSP SHD Digital + DAC (e.g. Gustard X16). miniDSPs are just...
  6. robithinker

BTW, I see in your signature that you actually have the two KH310s and two KH750s. Can you comment on the overall SPL and in-room performance? How large is your room?
  7. robithinker

Yes, I discovered them when looking for Genelec/Neumann/Adam dealers in southern Germany. I also looked at the GGNTKT Model 1's and saw they were a dealer. Prices are not cheap, but they do offer listening tests, although it's a three hour drive so not really an option if I don't already know...
  8. robithinker

Right now I'm leaning towards the KH420 with something like a miniDSP with DIRAC, although that is really pushing the budget. I won't be able to get the KH750 immediately due to cost, so i need a DAC and DSP, with a streamer. If I go this route I fear that buying a streamer with DIRAC may end...
  9. robithinker

:) Hard to argue with that logic, at least for my wife and kids. I will look at them again and reconsider whether they work. Right now the KH420, or even the KH310s with two KH 750s are looking pretty attractive.
  10. robithinker

There are three online stores that offer the KH420s for 3500-3600/monitor, which puts them within budget, although it is difficult to tell whether that includes the DIM 1 module or not. I wouldn't even need a sub, at least not right away. Is the DIM 1 really necessary?
  11. robithinker

Height mainly. I want to eventually put my speakers on a main wall with a window, but have the tops of them be at or very near to 90cm high where the window sill sill begins. The LS60s are great speakers though from what i have read. Here is what I am dealing with. I have one small wall where...
  12. robithinker

That’s right. If it was 10 years ago, it was likely the old tweeter? I read that they redesigned it a few years ago for the S series (or maybe just redesigned it period, can't remember) and the new version is supposedly better integrated and improved over the old one. This is generally one of...
  13. robithinker

Which Kiis do you have? The Kii 3s are 12-13k a pair. Any other cardioid monitors in the 7-8k price range?
  14. robithinker

Yeah, I agree. I am also loathe to buy speakers based on subjective impressions (part of why I like this site so much), so I read/watch reviews primarily for their technical information, . Given that studio monitors don’t have wide distribution outside the studio engineering market, there...
  15. robithinker

Exactly right. That is an option. Apparently if they don’t have something in stock they’re delivering times can be very long, as in many weeks.
  16. robithinker

Mainly price. My budget is CHF 7-8k which needs to cover monitors, sub (if necessary), and streamer. I realized that I will need a streamer with AES/digital outs and now include that in the budget. The store I was looking at has a pair of 8361s with the GLM 4 mic included for CHF 8260, but...
  17. robithinker

Any feedback on this question, or on the S3V generally?
  18. robithinker

I've had to rethink these options and am now looking at the Adam Audio S3Vs or possibly the Eve Audio SC4070. The best prices for the Genelec 8361s and Neumann KH420s come from a company that is legitimate, but apparently has terrible customer service and long delivery times due to having to...
  19. robithinker

Thanks again. After looking at the Neumanns and realizing that my room is 120m3, I am now dithering between the 8361s and the KH420s. I prefer the aesthetics of the Genelecs, but they are technically only rated to 110m3. I am looking at streamers that can somehow connect to the Genelecs wired...
  20. robithinker

Thanks. I was referencing those from my original list of options (JBL 4329p, Cabasse The Pearl, and Klipsch The Nines). I have been looking at the manuals and am still not entirely sure how it works. I know they say they support AirPlay 2 (and sometimes Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) , so I believe i...
Top Bottom