Search results

1. A

Room acoustics - a full breakdown and analysis

Had a few plays with Dirac Live now, and it definitely seems to help across the board! Aside from being a massively powerful EQ, the imaging is much wider with definition taking a step up too. So far I prefer the full frequency correction, but I am still curious about absorption taking up some...
  2. A

Wow, thanks all. Looks as if all the buses arrived at once! Amirm: That’s the same I’ve arrived at. I’m hoping to manage the 200hz+ decay by some absorption, and below (and maybe above too?) with Dirac. The MiniDSP has arrived now, I just need to get it set up. Mitchco: low frequency excess...
  3. A

Interesting, no comments. Perhaps it’s too wide of a question set. Any feedback is appreciated!
  4. A

Hello all, I am looking for some advice on room acoustics. I have done some research, lots of measurements, identification and some experimentation. Read lots of threads so I have enough idea to have an approximate grasp but far from a mastery at any single aspect. It would be great to run...
  5. A

Is it worth upgrading my BT DAC, discussion of 'limiting' factors

Hello Zolalll, Thanks again for the background information, it really helps to tie together the tidbits I've seen online. I had decided to make an experiment for myself, by AB'ing against higher quality DAC - the Apple Lightning at 99dB SINAD When gain matched, there is a definite, subtle...
  6. A

I have just found this post on the forum: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/questioning-the-minidsp-2x4-sound-quality.19210/#post-630235 16 bits (96 Db SINAD) is said to be the threshold of human hearing, but in a room with the usual amount of noise it doesn't have to...
  7. A

Thanks Zolalll! The Wii Mini looks like it could work, realistically wifi would be fine, and helpful with its higher bandwidth for sure. With a bit of luck I'll be integrating a REL Q201E, its actually been in the family a couple of decades now - but soon to be recommissioned.
  8. A

Hello! Yes, I own and use a UMIK-1, which I’ll set up the DSP with, curious to use MMM with for the first time and get the listening position nailed in. I am actually planning to get a flex unit at some point for the living room, but trying to keep the office a bit more ‘sensible’ in the mean...
  9. A

To clarify, the main two current units I'm looking at are: SMSL C100, SINAD unknown but probably good, £100 SMSL D-6, SINAD 118dB, £160
  10. A

Hello all, I am looking at continuing to sort out my desktop speaker system I use while working at home. Currently it's a Fiio BTR3K (I use bluetooth from my iPhone in AAC, Apple Music lossless) sent our to a pair of near field Adam T5Vs. I have snagged a t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini to sort out some...
Top Bottom