Search results

1. R

Will the Hegel H390 overpower the Kef R3 Meta's?

I know, I know…but it’s just so dampened.
  2. R

Hello all! Okay I did the silly thing. I actually agree the H390 doesn’t have all the features of other high-end integrated amps like the NAD, and it’s quite a bit of cash. But for me, it’s right. I started comparing custom separates routes, and measure-perfect amps and I was just drawn to some...
  3. R

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Oh this is great! Thank you for this. I’ll check em out.
  4. R

Oh thanks for this. Great. Also a great question about what I have now. I’m listening to a marantz AV 8802a running separates (2x marantz 8 channel amps for Atmos) with SVS ultra towers and def tech built ins. I know, I know! Be patient, I’m building. I’m going to replace the speakers but the...
  5. R

Ahhh thank you. Honestly, the graphs are less important to me than the sound, but I do like great value for the $$$, which is why I consider the class D offerings. I’m just not sure if I want to do that, then do all the DAC and preamp research. Because I also want my stack to look good. So I’ll...
  6. R

BTW I thought I would share this. As I looked into Purify class D, etc. of course the NAD M33 came up. There’s a comparison between that and the Hegel h390 which makes it hard to choose between the two, or at least, that the comparison is close. This reviewers sentiments seem to be shared by...
  7. R

Definitely I don’t mind a little extra work with separates, dacs, etc. but would want some bang for buck there. That’s why these conversations are helping. I wouldn’t want to overpay for something that sounded a lot worse. A lot of this is subjective of course, and will be based on listening...
  8. R

Thank you all, this has been a super great help.
  9. R

@Matias your advice has been awesome. I’d love to ask a few more questions. I just want your opinion, I know some of this may be personal taste. Both Boxem and Apollon look great. Any reason to choose one over the other quality wise? I’m not too concerned with price. Is there any reason to...
  10. R

Awesome. Thank you I’ll check those out!
  11. R

This amp is veeeeery interesting thank you again. Anymore gems out there you’d recommend let me m is. I don’t mind going up in price a bit, but I definitely would like good value for the money.
  12. R

Hey has anyone done a review here of the h390 or h590? I’m considering the h390 because of the reviews I’ve heard, but this review of the lesser amp gives me pause.
  13. R

Oh great thank you for the amp advice. I do like high end gear, aesthetics matter to me, but clearly performance matters more. If there are other good stack or separate options I should consider I’d love to hear about them. I’ll check out these recommendations.
  14. R

Awesome, thank you and good to know. I hear all these folks saying one amp has a better sound stage, is warmer, or more clinical blah, blah. I’m new, so I don’t know how much to read into it. Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out.
  15. R

Awesome. I don’t really need to choose, so if you have great speaker synergy suggestions, or the better amps for less money, let me know!
  16. R

Yeah folks say even up to the h190 it’s a different ballgame. The h190 is supposed to be decent, but the h390/590 take it to another level.
  17. R

Awesome, thank you. Yeah the amp is future proofing for other speakers, and I have some SVS Ultra Towers and 200W rated B&W speakers. I want an amp that’s a little over powered for fun sake, but noted that the Kefs were also 4 Ω (min. 3.2 Ω) nominal, so I was a little nervous. Kefs are...
  18. R

Hello! I am getting the Hegel H390 soon, and also a pair of Kef R3 Metas. The Metas are rated for 180W and the Hegel pumps out 250W. Am I going to break the Kefs with an overpowered amp? Audio newb here, so thank you!
Top Bottom