Search results

1. B

Old vinyl lover looking to get into the digital age

It took a while, and the help of a member, but it's up and running. The DX3-Pro+ is amazing. Maybe a bit bright, but for these old ears that can't hear much above 8Khz, it's a benefit. Bass is big and tight, the midrange is outstanding. And zero noise floor to boot. I found the DAC on ebay...
  2. B

My Current Connections from TV to Topping DX3-Pro+ to Tube Integrated to Denon AVR4800

Many thanks to thecheapseats for his help and expertise. I couldn't have done it without him.
  3. B

My Current Connections from TV to Topping DX3-Pro+ to Tube Integrated to Denon AVR4800

I used a Toslink cable from the TV output to a Toslink splitter box. From there, a Toslink cable from the box the DX3-Pro+ input, a second Toslink cable from the box to the Denon AVR AUX input, and the DAC RCA outputs to the tube integrated input. Now, I can watch 5.1 Dolby Surround with the...
  4. B

Thanks for the interest guys, but thecheapseats is helping me now through through email, so as not to bother anyone else on here with my multitude of questions and problems. I think we're almost there.
  5. B

Is Toslink the preferred cable vs. USB?

I forgot to ask. Would I be better off buying a longer USB-A to USB-B cable like the one that came with the topping DAC, so as to eliminate any worries about jitter or dropouts.
  6. B

I'm terribly sorry brother. I didn't realize it was you. This is just so freakin' frustrating, I'm about to spit. My tube integrated is connected via RCA's to one of the Denon's AUX inputs because I would prefer to listen to it versus the Denon. However, as I stated earlier, the Denon manual...
  7. B

Because I thought I need to run the TV Toslink directly to the DAC.
  8. B

Dude, calm down. I'm new at this, okay? I have a tube integrated amp that I would prefer to use for music listening. My Denon is a model AVR4800, I am referring to the Denon manual. When I first used Spotify, I was only able to get audio through the TV speakers (horrible). Now, I am not hearing...
  9. B

I need 15ft. or 3 meters of Toslink to reach the DAC. I just purchased one for 11.00. It's an Amazon basic, which Amir says he uses for all his testing.
  10. B

Just in case you don't see it my Toslink thread, here are my current connections. TV Toslink output to DX3-Pro+ input. DAC's RCA outputs to Denon AVR4800 AUX input, Tube Integrated using RCA output from Integrated to Multi-Source input. However, the Denon manual says that that input is for...
  11. B

OK guys, I accepted thecheapseats invitation to return, and thanks for the uplifting that I received. Here are my current connections. I now have a Toslink running from my TV Optical output directly to the DX3-Pro+'s optical input. From there, I have the DAC's RCA outputs running to my Denon...
  12. B

Thanks littleendian. I sent my expensive Toslink back. Do I need 192kHz? it's my understanding that most music is recorded at 44.1/48kHz. If so, can you recommend a good quality Toslink?
  13. B

To make matters even worse, I had to go on another forum to learn that you have to push the front rotary and insert the power at the same time to reach the settings menu. WTH?
  14. B

I consider myself to be well educated and articulate, yet I have never made such a fool of myself in any setting. I'm certainly not casting any blame, but if just one person had mentioned that I had to download the MANUAL, I could have saved myself a great deal of humiliation. A heartfelt thank...
  15. B

I now have a manual. I didn't know I had to print it out from online.
  16. B

I'm thinking it is me. I need clear instructions in layman's terms.
  17. B

When you say manual, are you referring to the folded up white paper, or am I missing something?
Top Bottom