Search results

1. J

Advice on AVR in conjunction with Concentra II and MG1.6

After having played around with my system for quite some time I have now reached a state that is good enough for me (at least for the time being). To recap: For stereo listening I have an RPi4 running Moode with a Topping E70 DAC as transport, this is connected via XLR to my Concentra and via...
  2. J

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Ok, but when I use the volume control of the ESS9028 then the volume that is shown (and can be changed with the remote) does not change. What, then, does this volume control?
  3. J

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

I have an E70 and would like to control its volume using Moode. Moode can do this using the volume control of the ESS9028, but there seems no way to control the pre amp gain. Is there a relevant difference between using the volume control of the pre amp vs. setting the pre amp to 0dB (DAC mode)...
  4. J

An update: I have now received my Denon X38000H, have connected everything and have programmed my home automation so that the amplifiers are turned on and off depending on whether I want to hear stereo or watch a movie (e.g., using Tasmota to set the volume of the Concentra via IR, switching the...
  5. J

I have asked JRDG and they gave me an answer (unity gain is 84). This sounds pretty high to me, but they know best :) And I already have ordered a UMIK-1 microphone to play around with the room acoustics, but the Audyssey app seems very interesting, so I will get that too. Thanks for that...
  6. J

Thanks to your advice, I have now ordered the X3800H (a special offer, 1199€ in Germany). The remaining question is, can I connect the pre-amp out of the X3800H to the line-in of the Concentra without problems? I‘ve been trying to find out the respective maximum voltage levels without any clear...
  7. J

The Integra DRX 8.4 looks like a dream come true. But the price is very steep, and with the amplifier I would have to remove the Concentra, because that amplifier looks like it is able to directly drive the Magnepan speakers without problems. So this means I have to decide between keeping the...
  8. J

I selected the DAC (Topping E70) because it is the cheapest one that provides balanced output and a power supply of its own (meaning I don‘t have to search for a good power supply). Regarding the AVR: I currently have a 5.1 system, and while I would say I don‘t need more, I would like to have...
  9. J

Hi polmuaddib, Thank you for your answer. The ConcentraII doesn‘t allow to bypass the preamps, which means I will have to set the volume to unity gain. I will probably get the exact setting from the manufacturer. My idea is to use the whole system the same way you do it, by listening to...
  10. J

Hi all, I have a Jeff Rowland ConcentraII and Magnepan MG1.6 loudspeakers, and apart from that a home theater system (5.1). Since my space is limited I would like to somehow join these two. For this I would like to connect a Pre-amp out of the main speakers from an AVR to the ConcentraII and...
Top Bottom