Search results

1. O

Difference between Audiophonics MPA-S250NC and HPA-S250NC

A look at the images of both products is also quite revealing: vs
  2. O

Advice for Streamer / AMP

Has this been reviewed here at ASR as I can't seem to find it.
  3. O

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

I just got a pair of them and can't figure out how to remove the cloth grilles. I will put them back on, just want to look at them at least once in their full naked glory :) Could somebody enlighten me on how to safely remove the grilles? The space around the edge is tiny, I can't even get a...
  4. O

Which amp of these two is best for the Elac Debut Reference DBR-62?

Not wanting to hijack this thread but could someone shed a little more light on my confusion regarding this? I've been googling this issue for many months without fully understanding it. (Not looking to understand the theory and formulas behind it an ELI5 digest would be awesome). I don't...
  5. O

What are the highest-quality speakers suggested combining with an Aiyima A07?

I'm not looking for cheap, rather for the best bang for the buck. To give you an idea of what is available around me (prices are for pairs): - Elac Debut B5.2 for 160€ - Elac Debut B6.2 for 230€ - MA Bronze 100 for 300€ - Elac Debut Reference DBR62 for 420€ - Focal Chora 806 for 450€ - Elac...
  6. O

Thanks everyone, I think I get it: just go for the speakers I like listening to, apart from volume, noise or disstortion at high volume there's nothing to pay attention to. The longer version is that I borrowed a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 100 and listened for a few weeks in my room which...
  7. O

I'm new to audio, have decent speaker wires, a good-enough DAC and an Aiyima A07 amp. Lets assume the amp is the weakest link in the chain. Can someone give me some examples of “highest-level” bookshelf speakers to pair with this amp? What I am trying to figure out is where the balance lies, I...
  8. O

Questions about MINIBOSS PLAYER PLUS

Thanks, I will make sure to follow your advice. Like I said, I'm happy with the current loudness and quality at most I'll wait for an opportune moment when the neighbours are away and slowly turn the volume higher just to check what the power meter indicates and if it goes further up towards...
  9. O

In that case it looks like this amp was never meant to output 2x50W as this is their power recommendation.
  10. O

Let's leave the quality, performance and marketing aside, say you have a “perfect” amp which should deliver 2x50W – would it need a 50W PSU or a 100W PSU?
  11. O

Yes, that is what I meant. I have set the stepped attenuator to max (it goes from 1-24) and while streaming I have set the volume of mopidy (the streaming app) to 80% (can't go higher due to neighbours). Do you mean to say that the last 20% would push my consumption from 4.2W towards the 25W...
  12. O

I'm a total beginner and after about 15 years without any option to listen to music except headphones or some tiny Bluetooth speakers I went with this neat solution below. Its good enough to sound pleasant to my ears and perfectly fits my current tiny room of <20 square meters. I would just...
Top Bottom