Search results

1. V

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

So iv had my DX1 for a while now and have nothing negative to say about it, its a very good combo DAC/AMP for anyone that wants a simple solution no frills. Its a very clean DAC/AMP, smooth (no sibilancies or ear fatigue) and is very detailed. The dx1 has a very musical tonality and invites...
  2. V

Maybe but why would you version something not released? Ussualy a manufacture versions a board so they can keep track of whats out in the wild not in their labs for testing. What is also interesting is that it goes to version 3 typically whole version number changes signify major changes...
  3. V

Also how hard was it to take apart? Is it only the 3 screws on the back?
  4. V

Hmm what I find interesting is over on the left it says its version 3.0 does this mean there are two other version out there in the wild and what is the difference?
  5. V

Well I got my topping dx1 today!!! First impression soooooooooo clean. The sound coming out of this is so clean, iv used several expensive dacs before my last was the smsl su-8 v2 paired with atom amp. But this I cant pick up anything other than pure details and bliss. Plenty of power for...
  6. V

Last night I watched a youtube video on it, it was a Russian reviewer so had to do captioning but he seemed to love it. He did measurements and everything he said he liked it more than the dx3 pro + and said it was akin to the sound quality from the dx5. Of course it lacks in amp power but...
  7. V

Hmm strange that the sinad has a 2db diffrence between the channels. I wonder if this is for all units or maybe just the unit he had for testing? Toping shows 117db on their site for both channels.
  8. V

Oh those look like really good results. The only thing I find that may be an issue is the linearity but that looks to be noise floor so i wonder about IEMS which is said to be good on this? Can anyone chime in on any noise floor hiss with IEMS?
  9. V

Any measurements yet? I ordered one off aliexpress during their 11.11 sale. Hope I made a good choice haha. From what I was able to find it will be pretty close sound quality wise to the dx3pro+ but without all the bells and whistles and a lot less power in the amp? Which is kind of what I...
  10. V

Khadas Tone Board or Grace SDAC?

Get the topping d10 it has very good measurements and is only $69 on massdrop right now. The tone board measure very well but its just a board and youll probably want to put it in a case just seems like more hassle than needed. And in reality you wont be able to tell the difference between a...
  11. V

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I got an atom earlier this week sound so much better than my magni 3. Can anyone tell me what level i should have the volume pot at for line level out to powered speakers? Also id like to say there is a big improvement in the preamp out on the atom over the magni 3 as well. I have kanto yu6...
  12. V

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I had a set of Kanto Yumi speakers that did the same thing people are reporting about the dx3 powering off while in use. In my opinion the problem is with the auto shutdown feature when music is not detected. Either the signal is not strong enough for this feature to detect the music playing...
  13. V

Topping D10 or khadas tone board, which to choose?

So whats the verdict how do they compare? I as going to get a tone board but it was a preorder and then i noticed a shenzen audio sale for the d10 for only 76 dollars so i got it.
  14. V

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

It will still have manufacture warranty just like any where else. I believe massdrops supplier for these is shenzen audio any way.
  15. V

Sigh i ordered mine from massdrop so i have to wait till the 25th for mine to be shipped. Didnt know shenzen was going to have a sale for only 12 dollars more i could of had it sooner.
  16. V

Khadas Tone Board

Does anyone know if all the khadas tone boards on ebay are fake or real? They sell on ebay for 83.99 shipped from china.
  17. V

Dac to go with Atom Amp?

Thanks i ordered the topping d10 its only 76 dollars from shenzen audio right now so seems to be best deal at the moment.
  18. V

Dac to go with Atom Amp?

So whats the best dac option these days that would pair with the atom amp preferably under $125?
  19. V

Okay thank you I ordered one off massdrop as it seems to be the best dac one can get right now unless you spend like 1k I plan on pairing it with a THX AAA 789 amp once they drop again on massdrop it seems to be all the rage in the amp world right now very clean amp. I got my 58x jubilee...
  20. V

Hello im new here to this forum. I have a question i noticed that with this dac linearity after -100 gets all wonky. how does this affect the sound? Is it a concern? I looked at other dacs and their measurements and most are nearly flat all the way across. So i thought it was odd that with...
Top Bottom