Search results

1. D

High pass filter / Bass blocker help

The Minidsp SHD lives up to what you read about it. Its a bit of a learning curve to get setup, but sounds great. The crossover options for high pass and low pass are really solid.
  2. D

Thanks for the detail! The Harrison lab type product at 40-60hz via xlr would have been my ideal product before I became more informed. I now understand that passive has its challenges, is more complex the deeper you go because its variable on the factors you stated. Fingers crossed the minidsp...
  3. D

Been thinking on this for a while and since my SMSL DO100 has started doing strange things, I decided to go for a minidsp. The flex was my first choice, but ended up ordering a shd for streaming
  4. D

I like! Thanks! The XLR box is what I had in mind originally. Now I need to figure out what capacitors for my setup, and is it worth it vs sn active solution.
  5. D

I was thinking this would be an “easy” solution, but the more I dig the more complexities I uncover with finding a known solution. But i like the diy aspect of this and have been tempted to build something passive like you did.
  6. D

Its a SUB 550PBK. I don’t recall it having a high pass. Also have an older SVS I will check for high pass. Viable option with xlr to rca converters
  7. D

Checked out the minidsp options, new rabbit hole engaged. That seems like the perfect solution.
  8. D

Hi - need help or some ideas. I would like to restrict low bass frequencies (below 50/60hz) from my speakers. I have SMSL DO100 DAC connected (via XLR) to a VTV Purfi 2 channel amp connected to my speakers (monolith T6 towers). I addition, I have a 10” JBL sealed sub connected to the DAC via...
  9. D

New beginner 2 channel setup

Unfortunately I can not move the speakers forward, maybe in a future dedicate music setup. But I was able to raise them up to ear level with “isolation” stands I made. I know the sound stage improved for sure and in general sound better in the low mid frequency area. I’m having a good time...
  10. D

I went middle of the road in TIDAL with the HiFi tier and it sounds great. I’m intrigued by MQA, but taking your advice. I downloaded some hi-res tracks locally to test if the smsl would play the higher rate from PiCore. Test was successful. Thanks!
  11. D

Solid advise! I recently switched from Spotify to TIDAL and really enjoying it!
  12. D

Thanks for the advice! The most I can get from the wall is about 6” and drove me towards front ported speakers to minimize boominess. Would small stands be worth while to raise them up a 4-6 inches off the cabinet? The top of the speaker is 3’ off the floor.
  13. D

They are toed in approx 10 degrees. Originally had them straight and through trial and error toed them in a bit. The speakers are 6’ apart and listening position is about 7-8’ back.
  14. D

New here at ASR and certainly appreciate the informative reviews and active forum community. Thought I’d share my beginner 2 channel system I put together from researching ASR and inspired by high end setups I experienced at a local shop. I use my system for a mix of music and movies/tv. Been...
Top Bottom