Search results

1. Zapador

Speaker placement when the "recommended ideal" isn't an option?

It is definitely tricky to get right unless you're willing to sacrifice everything else for optimal positioning, like putting your desk in the middle of a room or something along those lines. Moving my head does make quite a significant difference, I believe the only solution to that (apart from...
  2. Zapador

Damn that's some crazy setup with that many monitors! I've tried two monitors several times but I just seem to prefer a single monitor with high resolution.
  3. Zapador

Did consider that but wouldn't be very ergonomic, so gave up that idea pretty quickly. Maybe with smaller screens but this is a 27" and 32" so the top of the upper screen would be way up there.
  4. Zapador

In the end I gave up on using two monitors, both because I've never really been a fan of dual monitor setups and because it made speaker placement complicated if not impossible. Now just using a single monitor that's less wide than the two and this allowed me to place the speakers optimally.
  5. Zapador

Thank you! I've never really tried having the soundstage above me so I'm not sure how I would feel about it, but I would get a perfect triangle with that method so it's probably worth trying for some time to see how it works out.
  6. Zapador

I'm trying to figure out how I should place my speakers for use at my desk. If I could just try all the options easily I would do that and find what sounds the best, but I can't as that would require different stands, wall mounting and so on to try it all. So I'd love some input on what you...
  7. Zapador

Focal Stellia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Finally got the chance to sit down and listen to the Stellia and I was really surprised - sadly not in a good way. For 3500$ as they are around here I had expected more. They look great at a distance but once you get up close that goes away pretty quickly, why are there visible burrs on the cups...
  8. Zapador

DCA Stealth clamp pressure - any way to increase it?

If you decide to bend it I'm 99% sure it would be reversible with the help of some hot water, unless the nitinol used here is different from the rest but that seems unlikely. Nitinol is shaped by heating it to 500ºC or so, whichever shape it had while heated (and cooled down while still forced...
  9. Zapador

If I'm not mistaken the wires are "permanently" bonded to the rest but I think there's a way to remove them, reshape them and reattach them. At least I'll give that a try if I find no other solution. I love the Stealth but it would be so much better with a bit more clamp pressure.
  10. Zapador

Thank you! Will try to ask DCA before I turn to extremes.
  11. Zapador

I'm having a "minor" issue with my recently acquired DCA Stealth which is that there's a lack of bass but I've found that gently pushing in on the cups solves that problem, so it's a lack of seal / clamp pressure causing the bass to disappear into nowhere. No glasses, short hair and no beard -...
  12. Zapador

Newbie finding a headphone for tarkov + in general

I know you're asking for headphones and not a headset, but if the latter could be of interest I would recommend the Beyerdynamic MMX300 which is essentially the DT770 32 ohm with a microphone attached to it and a slightly different design. I have used mine for several years now and really like...
  13. Zapador

Can clinical/analytical headphones be made more exciting with EQ?

Hi I'm fairly new in the game and have been reading a lot of reviews lately in particular of the DCA Stealth that I'm interested in (for sound quality obviously, but just as much for the looks, build quality and portability). If I could just go listen to the cans that's what I would do but that...
  14. Zapador

Peace EQ with Auto EQ profile - what should I expect?

I'll try that. It's impossible to compare with and without EQ if the volume change drastically which it does in this case. Thank you!
  15. Zapador

Yeah the clipping was very noticeable, thanks for the suggestion.
  16. Zapador

Thanks! That sounds pretty good. Would it make sense to put the pre-amp gain at 0 to make comparison with/without filter easier? I'd assume that gain applies equally to everything.
  17. Zapador

Thank you! I did try a few other HD660s profiles and the result was roughly the same, so it wasn't just the questionable ears-711 profile that made them sound "bad". I think I'll just ignore those profiles and play around until they sound as I like them to sound, after all I guess that's what...
  18. Zapador

I recently became aware of Peace EQ and immediately gave it a go. Definitely something I'll use. However, using the Auto EQ profiles I ran into a question. I use a pair of HD660s. If I click the Auto EQ and load one of the Harman profiles for those headphones, eg. crinacle's...
Top Bottom