Search results

1. V

XMOS XU216 vs 316?

Looks like there s been more units rolled out with 316 this year, but some very popular models are still using 216 How much does matter? Does 316 improve jitter more? I know nothing should be audible for these generations but just curious if any theoretical performance can be better
  2. V

In 2023, Topping DX3 Pro + vs EX 5 vs G5

I am looking to get one of these or similar units in the $150 to $250 range. First I thought Dx3 Pro+ was good enough, but then I realized EX5 has slightly better performance in both DAC and amp and offers an option to use the DAC only with balanced output. But I am not sure why many...
  3. V

Why RTings measured it differently: AKG open-ear bad 1k-3k distortions

Amir measured buncha AKG popular open ear headphones like K701, 702 and 7xx and all of them show unacceptably bad distortions peaks in the 1k-3khz range: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/akg-k701-headphone-reviews-china-and-austrian-made.30900/ The numbers may be...
  4. V

Incredibly bad ALC1220-VB Headphone out Noise and Distortion

I just learned the headphone source I used most for a year is so noisy and distorted. It's hard to believe based on reviews of similar motherboards and or even previous and more inferior on-board DAC/amps. This is the front headphone-out from a realtek ALC1220-VB from Gigabyte X570s aorus...
Top Bottom