Search results

1. S

Help Needed - Audyssey XT32 + MSO

Hi folks, hoping someone has the knowledge (and patience) to give me a layman's step-by-step guide on how to get the most out of my system in terms of subwoofer optimisation & integration with my mains. My 5.2.4 setup is as follows; AVR: Denon AVC-X3700H DSP: MiniDSP Flex 2x4 unbalanced (with...
  2. S

Problems with MSO & Dirac - need help

Appreciate your guidance, hoping I'll get time tomorrow to re do all the measurements and run through the optimisation processes again as i'm keen to reach the audio nirvana you referred to earlier and take a break from the obsessive tinkering that's taken up most of this week's spare time In...
  3. S

Perfect, thank you! Using your approach to run MSO upto 300hz for mains & subs with crossovers set at 100hz, i guess logically that MSO is not only setting a crossover for the mains in the relative biquads but also creating some peq for the mains (100hz to 300hz range)? Also when i import these...
  4. S

Yes i check the closing comments on the mso filter report to see gains and delays recommended then plumb them into ddrc24 plugin. Another question on xover, presumably this is somehow embedded in the biquad filters that i export from mso and import to ddrc24? Would i still need to apply a HPF to...
  5. S

Thanks Ricwa is it possible in MSO to define the crossovers you want applied? I'm still new to all this but learning quickly, I'm reading a lot of different posts on various forums and a recurring comment seems to be not to boost eq by too much db, is this because it eliminates headroom and...
  6. S

Is there any difference in setting the xover in mso vs the ddrc24 plugin? I like to lpf the subs at 100hz and also hpf the subs at 10hz so that the start of the response line is really smooth
  7. S

Ok so I'll try 48khz setting and add a timing reference which will hopefully fix MSO, any guidance on Dirac? It seems whatever pre-settings i apply in the DDRC-24 plugin (delays, gains, PEQ, Xover) before running Dirac then get wiped after i export a filter from Dirac, am i doing something wrong?
  8. S

So apply 24 bit 48khz in windows?
  9. S

I didn't use a timing reference! How do i do that? So far dirac hasn't done much although dialogue does seem clearer
  10. S

Really starting to pull my hair out with both MSO & Dirac Live when trying to EQ my system....maybe there's a simple explanation that i'm missing but looking for answers to see where i'm going wrong! So my setup is; * Source: WiiM Mini Network Streamer (PC when calibrating the setup) * Pre...
  11. S

Audiolab 6000A - PEQ options -miniDSP?

Wondered if you made any progress with your Dirac live situation and what your verdict is with it now? I'm all setup with the flex now and spent most of Sunday tinkering, overall the sound is considerably better than before but i had some fairly big peaks and nulls which i couldn't 100% solve...
  12. S

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I'm quite interested in doing something similar to what dudi has done on the first page of this thread - retrofit a purifi amp system into an existing amp (in my case Audiolab 6000A which is an integrated amp that i only use as a power amp). My reasoning is i quite like the simple aesthetics of...
  13. S

Ha will be heatbreaking if she doesn't and you spent all the time and effort setting it up! HT/hi-fi setups take a lot of time and effort to perfect I'm realising lol same as my gaming pc a never ending saga of problems that takes up too much of my time.....first world problems! Thanks for all...
  14. S

Since i got the pb1000's I've been very happy with the sound tbh but i can't help thinking that there's always room for some improvement so now that i have the flex and umik1 my plan will be to first try find a solution to managing both inputs to the subs without having to undergo some complex...
  15. S

I think you might be right....sub volume diff is too big for the different presets! Maybe i need a 2x4hd as well to manage subs off the avr output lol this is becoming expensive!
  16. S

I think the best approach for me will be to find a balance between audiolab & flex volume for stereo plus flex volume for movies/games ideally so that the flex volume control is set to the same position for both, then adj sub gain + for movies in the minidsp software and gain - for stereo
  17. S

Turns out your theory does work you absolute genius! Lol i have sound now coming through via aux using integrated mode! Now i just need to find the best way to manage volume as i almost just blew my subs and my eardrums
  18. S

I just tried reconnecting the output 1&2 to the aux input on the audiolab and tried as you said with 0db on flex and increased amp volume in both pre pwr & integrated mode but still nothing hugely frustrating
  19. S

How do i change the routing to stereo? I have applied hpf of 80hz for time being, can fine tune that later on once I've become more au fait with the software. I added 12db gain to output 3&4 and increased the flex volume and can now hear the subs i guess I'll need to play with levels somehow so...
  20. S

This is preset 2 as is, looking again at the output section i can see the db readings change very slightly but does even show up on the actual bar/meter if that makes sense
Top Bottom