Search results

1. F

Best 15 Inch Sub for ~82L Sealed Box

I have one final question as I'm ordering the subs next week. This time it's about sensitivity. I noticed that the UM15 has a way lower sensitivity than the RSS. However, when I model them both with 300w of power in 83L boxes the UM15 ends up with slightly higher output according to winISD. How...
  2. F

I'll try the UM with the enclosures I have. If I'm not satisfied I can always build something larger :D
  3. F

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Indeed they all look very similar... Maybe I'll just get the UM15 as it seems like a higher quality driver than the MX15 and it also allows me to upgrade to a larger vented box in the future if I want even more output.
  4. F

Hmm, could the UM15 be considered a middle ground between the RSS390HF and the MX15? It seems like a way higher quality driver than the MX while also having a bit more power handling and xmax compared to the RSS. I think it has shorting rings too?
  5. F

Yeah I was thinking about this but I got the impression that I should just go for the one with higher xmax and power handling, which in this case is the MX15. So for sound quality, the RSS will be the better choice?
  6. F

Okay in this case the MX15 will be the "better" driver. I guess I'll just go for that then since it's both cheaper and had better performance.
  7. F

Okay I'll try this Edit: I have no idea how to use Hornesp so I don't think I'll try it...
  8. F

I meant I checked the excursion to find the max power for each driver and the second image is what it looks like when the drivers are bottoming out at like 15 hz
  9. F

So the MX15 would be better judging by this? As it has higher RMS capabilities?
  10. F

The second graph is just this, but measured 1m from the subwoofer But the qtc matters? and the quality of the drivers?
  11. F

Hello, So I build a couple of subwoofer enclosures that were originally intended for the Dayton RSS390HF. The enclosures are about 83L and with the RSS390HF that'd give me a qtc of 0.810 with the driver taking close to 400w before bottoming out at 20hz according to WinISD. However, I recently...
  12. F

Crown XLS 2502 Input Sensitivity Question

I see, thanks for the response!
  13. F

Crown XLS 2502 Input Sensitivity Question

Hello, so, for the time being (until I can afford a miniDSP) I'm running a Topping DX7 Pro to act as preamp for my Crown XLS 2502 (which is powering my subs) via balanced XLR, while also using the RCA output to my powered speakers. The balanced XLR output on the Topping is rated at 4 vrms...
Top Bottom