Search results

1. mvnchies

New setup from scratch - with DSP preferred

Hi everyone! I've previously gotten a lot of good help with my setup on this forum but now I'm in a bit of a situation... New living situation (relocation)! So I have to re-do my entire setup from scratch, basically. I am in the process of selling/returning all my current gear, which has been...
  2. mvnchies

Cool, efficient DAC + speaker amplifier combination recommendations <600 euro

Hi - trying to find something that runs cool and efficiently for my Arendal 1961 tower speakers. I don't play very loud and I don't use a subwoofer currently - so I don't think I need anything too powerful. However, a remote control is a must, as well as Optical input. As simple as possible is...
  3. mvnchies

USB audio and HDCP issues - possible solutions?

Hi everyone. Not sure this is the right part of the forums for this but... my USB DAC on my TV seems to trigger some copyright protection and disables playback with Netflix and other services. my solution has so far been to use Bluetooth on a Loxjie A30, but it just doesn't sound as good as when...
  4. mvnchies

Tower speaker recommendations under €1500

Hi everyone. I'm currently using Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 speakers which I find really nice - but... ... new place, and I can't use the subwoofer any more, there's simply no room for it anywhere. Too many doors in the living room! The Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 just don't have any kind of bass...
  5. mvnchies

Best USB-powered DAC / Headphone Amplifier combo (EU market)

Hi, my iFi iDSD Black Label just died on me, so I am using it as an excuse to try something else :) I have a pair of HD800 (with "SDR mod"), 300 Ohm around 100dB / mW sensitivity. They will be used single-ended as I ordered a custom cable with 3.5mm, don't feel like replacing it since I am...
  6. mvnchies

In search of small bookshelf speakers with front port, tricky placement situation

Hi, I am having a bit of problem finding a pair of speakers for my slightly tricky situation. I have a small living room, in which I can only fit a TV bench that is 160cm wide, my TV is 120cm wide, which leaves 20cm on each side of the TV for speakers... and that also means not a lot of room...
Top Bottom