Search results

1. B

My experience with DIY and it's many frustrations that are not talked about.

Howdy, I don't feel this website is the most active in terms of DIY speakers, but I feel my opinions may be of more value here than other sites. This will probably be quite scatter brained and I'm going to be as open as I can be maybe touching on some deeper personal issues in the end. I got...
  2. B

My ATC look-a-likes.

I really, really like the look of ATC's three ways. I really, really don't like the price. I've also got a bunch of tools and an idea. I've taken Paul Carmody's Pit Vipers and tossed them into an ATC style cabinet. Lots of work left to do but felt like sharing the wip, feels good to see...
  3. B

Leveling Bowing Box Sides?

Hey dudes and dudettes. I'm working on a cabinet at the moment and noticed something a bit late. I used strap clamps for the first time and I didn't account for the pressure causing the box to bow in a little. It's quite small and only noticeable if I show it to you, but it's still 1-2mm of...
  4. B

Inductor AWG

Quick question for you guys, grabbed some parts for a new speaker, crossover spec'd 16-18awg for some of the inductors. I missed that and got 20awg. Should I go for the spec'd 16-18 instead?
  5. B

Cheap amp without load dependency.

Hey there guys. Some might know I've been dealing with a load dependency issue with some cheaper amplifiers I use and my speakers (Cnotes) that results in an excessively bright speaker. I tried borrowed some cheap-ish class a/b amplifiers to test and the issue went away with those. I was...
  6. B

Weird C-note Problem

I shared this in the C-note review thread but figured that might just get lost in the noise and this subforum would offer me a better chance of figuring things out. You can see my issues laid out here. Easier to link to the post than type it all out agian. I have shared this info on several...
Top Bottom