Search results

1. P

Choosing headphones under 500-600$ in 2023

You must be doing something very, very wrong, if that´s the case, my friend... :) You happen to be so called EIAP? EIAP = eccentric internet audio person
  2. P

Harman curves are oomph oomph -voting results of/for amateurs or mobile listeners. I´m after NEUTRAL BASS in non-mobile conditions, which HD 600 pretty much achieves with that +6 dB / 25 Hz / 0.7 Q -low shelf. Neutral bass means whole bass range on level with 1 kHz, like in speakers. I have...
  3. P

Yes it can. If feeding amplifier doesn´t run out of voltage, HD 600 takes low bass shelving well. Like old trusty workhorse getting steroid injection to ass. I have had +6 dB / 25 Hz / 0.7 Q -low shelf in use for years with HD 600, and works great. EQ:ing device has been RME ADI-2 Pro, which...
  4. P

RME ADI-2 Pro - Remote app beta just released for the Pro serie

DX12 -requirement killed my ADI-2 Remote -feast too. :( RME shoots part of its customers to ass without DX11 -compatible version, like DigiCheck 5. It would be totally fine enough -looking. Now this valuable little program is made inaccesible for certain user group, for sake of cosmetic values...
  5. P

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

May be some treble driver power handling -safety margin issue. Genelec has protective limiter properly set, to guarantee durability and long lifespan of the driver. Session after session, decades to come. Immune to abusive user actions. Neumann lets its treble to run probably on very thin...
  6. P

New mysterious Genelec monitors

This is core example of completely ridiculous audio room. Resembles aquarium or terrarium, with corresponding acoustics (=WC/bathroom -tier). Should be sealed with audio police tape: "HEADPHONES ONLY". Using those Genelecs there corresponds having ATM in place of WC-paper holder in WC... just...
  7. P

Of course you can, when real pros are on duty. Tokyo College of Music shows example https://www.genelec.com/en/-/reference/genelec-monitors-immerse-new-tokyo-college-of-music-campus Completely soffited set, including surround + height -speakers. What an installation...
  8. P

To achieve FULL (not approaching, not almost, but FULL) IB (infinite baffle) bass / low middle -response with smoothness, SPL-reserve and lightning fast transient response. And also smoothen out little zig-zags from rest of its response which are left from design. Speaker with this large...
  9. P

Well, if some fools in internet have taken pictures of themself posing with large Genelecs in some very compromised/ridiculous -looking audio premises, means only that Soffit install benefits doesn´t regard Genelec especially, but in practice all box speakers in the world. About 99% of...
  10. P

Yes, this is made for severe off-limits -installers with insane budget. Like W371 + topping One´s larger, integrated brother. As a fact still remains: in free standing operation it can only approach of proper soffit results. Not reach. Even with those great enhanced radiation properties...
  11. P

Thats very right, but 100000 €/ pair pro high end -speaker buyers definitely should. This has vertical directivity no other 12xx Master Series older sibling has. Its a crying shame if a penalty shot from other reflections (due to leaving it free standing) bangs to installers ass on same time...
  12. P

Soffit eliminates one reflecting wall, the front wall behind the speakers, completely from the reflection management -equation. As a result it significantly smoothens out speakers response from bass onwards and further smoothens i.e. removes difraction zig-zags from speakers own upper end...
  13. P

What? Not at all. Soffit mounting is the only option for true *)high end speaker installation. In the past, now, and in the future. Physics behind it do not change among fashion. Speaker tech can never fully compensate it, only steer a little towards it. Soffit install (or Genelec 8381) is...
  14. P

Gene needs to bring soffit mountable versions of these soon to market. Speakers this expensive and high potential, but capable high end users not able to properly soffit install them, doesn´t make sense. Pearl to pigs to offer this caliber and 50000 €/piece speaker for only free reflection /...
  15. P

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Well, proper dynamic range (large RMS to peak -ratio of a track) can be a little tricky to directly distinguish as itself without good level meter, and/or other than modern 2ch -stereo music originating listening habits. I use RME DigiCheck as meter. My main focus in this hobby has also been in...
  16. P

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Reason is actually simple. Vinyl is impossible to use in mobile conditions. Which has saved its sound quality (in practice). All digital distribution formats have been ruined by optimizing them to mobile listening, in all popular music genres, about last 15-20 years. Mobile optimization...
  17. P

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Beeb-beeb-beeb... ---Audiophile-old-fashioned detected--- :D Going "balanced" (=bridged) increases volume level 6 dB, if ADI´s volume setting stays the same. So you forgot to counter this i.e. back off ADI´s volume that much when doing those subjective "balanced" vs. non-"balanced"...
  18. P

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

My internal Genelec-sherlock tells, that the right front woofer has been damaged in transport. Most likely due to dropping. On same slam destroyed propably that other amplifier too. Items just won´t ship from Genelec factory in that condition. Demand replacement. And demand it hard. Emphasis...
  19. P

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

Pallet is very easy to replace, to cover little freight-technical -fuck-ups... Dropping them to floor, say, from 1 meter, won´t leave any marks their wooden crates. On delivery, you won´t notice any external damages. In package this heavy, it may have caused quite destructive kinetic force...
Top Bottom