Search results

1. H

Room treatment - HT vs Music

I've heard there would be difference in how you treat a room. Can someone explain those differences or point me to resources. Also can you blend the two without major compromise. I seem to listen to music about 80% to 20% movies and im thinking of changing how I treat the room to heavily...
  2. H

Mac instead of minidsp?

The minidsp I got a had screw loose and quit working the second day I got it. Dealing with the vendor right now. Hopefully they dont make it difficult to exchange since they sent me an out of the defective unit…we will see. Anyways it got me thinking if they are going to jerk me around for...
  3. H

REW help - sub null can't seem to fix

I have tried for days moving and remeasuring moving and remeasuring and can't seem to crack this. It hard to EQ something this dipped. I'd appreciate any thoughts. I set up my seating in this position thinking I can position my subs to negate the null. It's dedicated ht room so all enclosed...
  4. H

Is Umik 2 required for some reason

Hello. I want to do some scans of my room. I was looking into a mini DSP. I do a lot of recordings for business so I have active, passive, cardioid, super cardioid, and omni directional all types of mics most with XLR connections because all even half descent professional mics use XLR not...
  5. H

Polk vs Revel vs Kef - Polk sale throwing a wrench in my plans

Help! I had a plan to get something along the lines of the revel m106 and the Kef r3. With the idea to try wide and narrow directivity LR speakers. I have a revel c208 center and HSU vtf15/bic f12 subs. Then I see this Polk sale and for far less money I can get two floorstanding R700 that...
Top Bottom