Search results

1. G

What is "good enough"?

I switch camp between your first three categories and I also share my listening space with the rest of the family. So I guess I am a true compromizer. Money and room is my limiting factors.
  2. G

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

You lost me here. What is the best medium for music to you?
  3. G

Headshell connector on older turntables?

Thank you. Do you have any idea when this became standard?
  4. G

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I am not sure about others, but for me vinyl is fun for three reasons. 1, The nostalgia of rediscovering my old records and memories attached to them 2, The hunt for good sound. used to play my records on a cheap setup 40 years ago. Now it is fun to hunt down "top of the line" vintage setup...
  5. G

Headshell connector on older turntables?

I have been looking at vintage turntables and wonder how I can figure out if the can be used with a new standard headshell that screws on. On this one it seems like the Yamaha GT2000 may have the same "screw" socket... is this an old standard? What is it called?
  6. G

Mono or stereo 3,5mm cable for 12v trigger?

Hypotechical question. I have been reading documentation from Primare and Yamahafor units that I have seen second hand.
  7. G

Nothing really. It was just a picture of a cable that could be interpreted either way and labeled 3,5 mm cable.
  8. G

Is ANthem MRX-xx20 still good?

I see older models of Anthem popping up on second hand quite often now. Are the 720,1120 still good sounding units compared to the latest 740, 1140? Can't find any relevant reviews on there. I am not too fuzzy with the video output. Don't need 8k so I figure if Arc and sound has not improoved...
  9. G

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Bumping this. Jern speakers are fascinating. Are the other brands using cast iron?
  10. G

That is what I was guessing, but always good to get a second opinion.
  11. G

Is there a difference between using a mono or stereo tip 3,5 mm cable for 12v trigger between pre and power amp? I see both mono and stereo cables beeing sold as "for audio or 12v trigger".
  12. G

Loud hum from technics 1500c = broken unit?

Problem solved. Thank for all suggestions. @boxerfan88 led me on the right path. I jerked out the radio antenna. No change. Then I discovered a the cable to a composite video jack when my old receiver feeds video to the TV to show the on screen menus (some setup need this). I jerked that out...
  13. G

There is a cable for the radio tuner. Will jerk that out.
  14. G

I guess so. I moved the turntable to another amplifier in another room and there is no hum there, but there is a whirring sound coming through instead when I turn it on and the motor rotate the disc platter. Is that a normal thing to hear on really cheap amplifiers?
  15. G

Hi thank you for the tip, but yes I have tried that. Considering that it worked different on another amp in another room I am curious about moving the amp and trying it in another room. Could the wall socket get weird?
  16. G

@MaxwellsEq I have made a lot of tests now. I have added a ground cable. It reduced the hum by half. Weird cause two weeks ago without a cable it was dead silent. After that I found a pair of very thin cheap old rca cables and made another test. No difference from the previous more premium pair...
  17. G

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I guess it is a mix of experience / "brand" / pride in that case. They are used to working by ears and have mixed and sold a lot of successful albums and trust that what they hear is good no matter how it measures. But as for mastering it does sound weird cause in my book that should be about...
  18. G

Hi. yes, it just happened out of nowhere. One day was looking at TV normal. Next day turned on the amp and there was a hum with nothing on except TV. Yes, the hum comes with only left or right output connected if the powercable to the 1500c is connected. It is a nightmare to dig swap the cable...
  19. G

The hum comes from the speakers when the 1500c has a powercable connected. There is no hum playing audio from CD, TV or tapedeck. Hum dies when the powercord is disconnected.
Top Bottom