Search results

1. B

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

That's OK I can tell they are great speakers though if you got a good pair! Yes I have 60 days to return no problem. I'm thinking I might try to return them since I personally don't like the looks of the DBR62. This might sound crazy but I might return the UB52's and sell my current Kef Q150's...
  2. B

I forgot to mention yes I did swap channels and the issue still remained on the right speaker. Also tried two different amplifiers and same thing occurred unfortunately.
  3. B

I have some very sad news now regarding my ELAC UB52 speakers. After spending a fews weeks with them I noticed there was a problem with the mid driver on the right speaker. The album is called For Those Who Have A Heart by A Day To Remember. It was released in 2007 and remastered just recently...
  4. B

I'm definitely going to keep mine they sound so amazing! I've literally only had them for two hours now and haven't even broken them in yet. But listening in my tiny room on 1200 cubic foot, with diy acoustic panels, and my svs 1000 pro. I instantly notice more presence and detail and they...
  5. B

Oh my lol I just ordered a pair of Elac UB52's last night on sale going to be coming from a pair of Kef Q150's that I've been listening to for two years lol. I wonder if I'll feel the same well see :D
  6. B

Does Erin still not recommend the UB52 in 2023? I think he should try another pair of UB52's!
  7. B

How does my subwoofer REW graph look?

I messed with it some more last night but didn't save any of the measurements. In my screenshots above I am set to Phase 0 / Polarity = Negative. I found Phase 60 / Polarity = Positive will even out those two dips to about a 12dB difference however, they are much wider if I do this. So I can...
  8. B

That is odd glad you pointed that out! Right now I do have the Phase set to 180 because it sounds boomy at 0. But when I get home I will try some more tests.
  9. B

Appreciate all of the help, I am pretty satisfied for now! Here are my final results this evening after adjusting my EQ and volume again in the SVS app. Subwoofer only: Subwoofer + Speakers: SVS App: PEQ1: 25HZ, -6, 3 PEQ2: 77HZ, -4, 6 PEQ3: 89HZ, 6, 8
  10. B

Trying to confirm that now they give you a file but it doesn't really specify if it supports 0, 45 and 90 degree's
  11. B

I may have to try that I originally did the sub crawl when I first got my sub but wouldn't hurt to experiment more now that I got the proper microphone, thanks :)
  12. B

So my Kef Q150 speakers are acting a lot differently than I expected! But I forgot to mention I also am using a vintage Marantz 2230 stereo with Bass, Mid, Treble all set to flat. This graph shows a speaker only test and they are pumping too many decibels after 110hz. I wonder if I should try...
  13. B

Oh I see what you mean now! Lol that's my fault then for zooming all over the place before I decided to take a screenshot. I will try some more now thanks! but just in case you are curious here is my first raw test no EQ and no smoothing from the other night :)
  14. B

These were my settings when I ran the test. So I should have top set to 50?
  15. B

Ah I see, I will try it again tonight with the speakers included as well!
  16. B

Hey, so I just started to get into REW and went out today and purchased a microphone! I have a pretty small room under 1200 cubic feet and includes 8 DIY acoustic panels. Made sure to calibrate the interface first then imported the calibration file for my microphone and positioned it where my...
  17. B

Ideal crossover for KEF Q150?

I'm back again just wanted to share my updated settings!! Previously I went from crossing at 100hz down to 60hz because I was getting booming bass issues when listening to certain music. Well little did I know I needed to look into properly setting the Room Gain Compensation setting along with...
  18. B

After spending two months on 100hz crossover setting I have decided to switch back to 60hz. For the most part it sounded great in the beginning. I listen to many different types of music ranging from metal all the way to classical orchestra stuff. Towards the end I noticed a nasty low end...
  19. B

It's been about 4 months and I've decided to switch my crossover from 60hz to 80hz and now 100hz. After all this time I think 100 is the way to go for me! I was scared at first I was going to identify where the bass was coming from but it was all placebo. Going from 60hz to 100hz in my small...
  20. B

Ok I have found my sweet spot for sure. The advice above from @voodooless helped me a lot, thank you. I checked on SVS's website to see what they recommend for the Kef 150's and it says 60hz -24 slope. So I compared that to -47hz, 50hz, 51hz, and 80hz. I now understand the difference and...
Top Bottom