Search results

1. M

Help me set up a complete system (Revel M16, Fosi V3 amp, SVS 1000 Pro)

So, I got these and currently using the Topping NX4 DSD. My initial aim was to get "chest-thumping bass" and I have since failed miserably even with REW calibration. To me, the bass seems like its too...soft? I don't know what is wrong but do I need to get a new sub? BK Electronics subs are...
  2. M

SVS SB 1000 Pro vs SVS SB 2000 non-Pro

So, like always, I'm getting buyers remorse! I had an option to get the non-Pro SB 2000 instead of the SB 1000 Pro but did I make the right decision? This is for music and movies in a medium sized room (large room for a typical British house). Any comments would be appreciated
  3. M

Cheap (£70) 'open' sounding headphone/earbud/IEM recommendations needed!

I created a thread in HeadFi for the same but I value the opinion of you guys more. So, here is my use case: PC Gaming and music listening (Spotify - PC and mobile phone). I have a Topping NX 4 DSD dac/amp which is decent in my opinion. I want a balanced (flat) frequency response and a good...
  4. M

Gaia speaker cables from ESPIRIT and the review by Alan Sircom - a fun read :P

I was just trawling the web and came across this gem and a (possibly sponsored) review. https://espritcables.com/product/gaia-speaker-cable/ https://espritcables.com/product-reviews/Gaia_Review.pdf If you are in need of some laughter, please dive right in :D You won't regret it!
  5. M

Technics SA-C600 Network CD Receiver: any idea on the performance?

There is not much information on how it performs apart from two or so subjective reviews (that I can find). It seems to tick many boxes for my use case, including some form of room correction and EQ profiles. I know they are essentially Panasonic. So I guess they could be very robust and...
  6. M

Amplifiers with room correction: worth the cost or just a useless tech?

Hello guys! So, I have finally managed to land a full-time job and can afford costlier amps now. I'm looking to buy the AE100 Bookshelf speakers to save space and a decent integrated amp (2.1 or 2.0 channels) to start my journey. But I have come across a lot of posts about Dirac Live and similar...
Top Bottom