Search results

1. hucifer

Tidal HiFi vs Spotify Premium? Can you hear the difference?

The Windows mixer is perfectly fine, especially since no resampling is taking place. Neither WASAPI nor ASIO are needed in this case. All normalization does is raise the loudness in LUFS, which doesn't affect sound quality except in very specific circumstances (i.e. if the track was mastered...
  2. hucifer

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Sorry but this is nonsense. I also run both Windows and Linux machines and there is no noticeable difference between ALSA running in exclusive mode and Foobar2000/WASAPI in exclusive mode. Bit perfect playback is bit perfect playback.
  3. hucifer

Does Hi-Res Audio Have a Future?

People will always be swayed by the belief that bigger numbers sound better, so yes.
  4. hucifer

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

No one knows exactly how they did that, but that isn't to say there aren't plausible explanations. This detailed debunk of claims made about Baalbek contains several reasonable explanations about how it could have been achieved by methods available at that time. I was going to say the same...
  5. hucifer

Tidal HiFi vs Spotify Premium? Can you hear the difference?

To be honest, this is most likely expectation bias. There was a very interesting post in r/audiophile recently which included blinded samples taken directly from Spotify, Tidal, and Qobuz. I couldn't for the life of me tell the difference between any of them, nor does there appear to be any...
  6. hucifer

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

Agreed, I'd much rather get this than any Topping unit. The audible differences will be slight-to-non-existent, plus you are assured much better customer service if anything should go wrong.
  7. hucifer

Audio GD - bad rap in the past -new breed !!

As a happy owner of an NFB-15 DAC/amp, I will say in their defense that their entry-level units offer quite a lot of nice features in a single package: an integrated PSU (rather than a wallwart) solid physical front switches switchable integrated pre-amp for use with powered speakers good...
Top Bottom