Search results

1. lennyanders

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

I myself did by getting a BlueSound node and have almost no problems with audio signal. Every once in a moon somehow I have a small glitch when watching YouTube, but no other service. That was a really expensive solution and I don't particularly like the BlueSound software wise. Let's hope the...
  2. lennyanders

Chromecast/HDMI Streamer for 2.1 system

I don't think you can just plugin a Chromecast into the Wiim Amp or miniDSP Flex HT as these only support HDMI Arc as input (I think). Your AVR normally passes the HDMI through from the input to the output HDMI and while it's doing that it's extracting the audio from the video signal. Which is...
  3. lennyanders

Purchase advice after Genelec 8341

I would throw hiss into the consideration too. The 8340 have ≤5 db self generated noise. I have these and can just about hear it at about 1,5 meters distance. Your previous 8341 only have ≤3 db which I really doubt would be audible at 2 meters distance. The 8040 have a whole of ≤10 db. But maybe...
  4. lennyanders

Powered 2.0/2.1 consumer ultra near-field PC speakers with no audible idle hiss 2024

I don't think these would be good. They are rated at 5db hiss, just as my 8340, and I can hear these hiss (barely but audibly) at 1.5 meters. So I don't think these would be good at 60cm.
  5. lennyanders

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Lexie Liu and especially the following 3 songs: DIABLO delulu 3.14159
  6. lennyanders

Yeah, I have the LG BX though. So the cheapest OLED from about 3 years ago from them. I like the streaming ability of the BlueSound Node too, I use Spotify connect sometimes and it works great. I read that you want to use the analog output though, I only use digital, so I can't really comment...
  7. lennyanders

I read that audio outputs on TV are generally pretty bad, and you usually want to get the audio from the HDMI devices you connect to the TV, like with an AV receiver. I don't know if it was better some years ago. I also read that LG has more problems than other TVs. Generally, these weird...
  8. lennyanders

I specifically got it because I had audible problems with the optical out and I wanted to use eARC, which I do now. I actually still have them sometimes, but very rarely and only with the YouTube app, I think. I basically wanted a device with eARC in for TV, optical or coaxial in for my...
  9. lennyanders

HDMI and DACs not evolving

Woah, that is really cool. If it only had coaxial digital output, it could replace the BlueSound Node for me, which would be awesome for that price. I guess analog output is good for the price too, so an easy to recommend product for connecting Amps or active speakers to a TV.
  10. lennyanders

Sudden Crackling

Hey, My problem is that I'm suddenly hearing crackling with my headphones. The thing is, two weeks ago the left side of my Denon AH-D5200 died, and so I let them repair. I used these for 2 years and a few weeks without a problem. While these were getting repaired, I used my old Audio-Technica...
  11. lennyanders

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Thanks, these are the 8340 and I'm using the K&M 26785 stands.
  12. lennyanders

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

A short while ago I moved out of my parents place and so I now have a nice (I think) living room. I know I need longer cables for connection with Bluesound Node, so I can hide the Bluesound Node in the TV-Console and the cable inside the stand.
  13. lennyanders

Audio-technica ATH-MSR7 Headphone Review

I used and liked them for approximately 3 years. My headband looks the same, as in the picture, but my earpads worse. I thought of upgrading to the MSR7b but ultimately decided to upgrade to the Denon AH-D5200. I wonder how good these measure.
  14. lennyanders

Is Bigger always better?

I don't really get/understand what you wrote there @fineMen, but I have equalized the speakers using the genelec sam autocal function. That "removed" my gigantic room mode of +18 db at 50 hz which is a huge improvement, of course. It probably did a few more things but I don't have them all...
  15. lennyanders

Is Bigger always better?

I'm not a professional and only recently got, with the 8340's, my first pair of active studio monitors. My room is not treated, but it is not much larger than your's and my speakers go down to 30.5 and 29.5 hz at -6 db. I would guess the neumanns probably perform about the same, maybe a bit...
  16. lennyanders

Genelec speaker stands

Ok, I was in the city a few days ago, and then I fought, that if I'm already where, why shouldn't I just get the speaker stands that I wanted. Makes sense, I know. It's quite a bit higher, like expected, but I angled the speakers the slightest bit down, and it sounds exactly the same to me...
  17. lennyanders

New setup from scratch - with DSP preferred

Hey, I'm currently planning on getting the K&M 26785 stands for my speakers. If I want to put all my cables inside the stand, I need at lease one longer cable from my BlueSound Node to the Genelecs. I'm currently using a simple coaxial to XLR AES/EBU cable, but I thought If I already need to...
  18. lennyanders

Genelec speaker stands

Thanks. I don't have any problems with that either, I just don't like the look of the IsoPod on a rectangle. I think I will go with the 26785. But I'll at least wait until January or February since they are a bit expensive and I want to get a microphone stand with them (I guess 252 with 19695)...
  19. lennyanders

Genelec speaker stands

Hmm, I looked a bit more into the K&M 26785 (or 8000-400 Genelec Design stand, which is the same I think) and noticed that the acoustic axis of my speakers would "only" be ~12 cm higher, which should probably be fine, since there are maybe even a bit too low currently, and I could angle them...
  20. lennyanders

Genelec speaker stands

Thanks for sharing. Generally I like the stand, but it doesn't look to me like there is a fitting plate for the 8x4x Genelecs. I can only find the 8040-408 and that only has the 3/8" thread but not the two others which are needed. I think. It would probably look pretty massive with the 8340 on...
Top Bottom