Search results

1. G

Audio streamer/device with nice tactile interface

Wow!! yes!!! This could actually something I would love; if it’s good. Can we get a ASR review of this?
  2. G

Considerations, sell my amp, whole set-up etc?

I am, but the difference in price is more than just adding a sub :)) so would wanna check if its fruitful to save up, or just get a sub and be done with it (ofc have to measure crossover)
  3. G

Considerations, sell my amp, whole set-up etc?

Just bumping this topic, as I have one final question. I was thinking of upgrading to the KEF Ref3 Meta from the Ref1 "normal". The big upgrade is of course the bass. I have to say, I'm not too unhappy of current bass, but it doesn't go -too- low, obviously. I was thinking... as base is easier...
  4. G

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD 800S & Sennheiser momentum (not sure which version, probably 1 or 2). Momentum for on the road/public transport, and the 800D with EQ on a cheap android phone with Poweramp EQ as player and a Topping G5. Not unhappy.
  5. G

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

If you need, I can ship them abroad if needed (eu only). But sure, you need to trust a random dude from the internet to do this. (so im not the company, just a member from the Netherlands). Anyways, if one really wants it, it can be arranged. Working mostly from home anyways and are close to a...
  6. G

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

dont like the prics, nor probably how they measure, but they all do sure look impressive :D btw..i think those blades or kef refs are measuring pretty decent. I got the old refs one after they produced the sound I like... (I heard avalon acoustics once at a hifi show...thought there was a...
  7. G

24 Crazy-Ass Hi-Fi Systems

Next to my kefs, I have a Sonos Beam. What I usually do, is start playing on there, and tell them I am listening this on the Kef Reference 1. Then I switch over, ... but they are already like ooohhhhh ahhhhhh... before the switch. I mean, Sonos is not comparable, but... for TV and background...
  8. G

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Yhea! They look great! Sorry, I’m defintely also about the looks. If I may be upfront; this is an amazing stack. I would not buy them. I would love to get the Magnius and Modius with a newer chip; and Magnius with a relay based volume and 2 balanced outs and a single ended. And the both the...
  9. G

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

New version is out. Schiit Heretic; (And modi) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/page-6869#post-17245923 Dunno how they measure, but they sure look nice!
  10. G

Stereo Crosstalk Elimination (reduction) Par Excellence!

Out of curiosity, how is this different than Mid/Side processing? I used this with mixing and playing with modular synthesizer, process the sides or the mids only for some weird effects; Not put the separate channels as different speakers, but could do that as well. I'm not per se sure if this...
  11. G

Pass HPA1

I think it's one of the lesser pretty high end amps... Pass makes much nicer looking stuff than this. The locking neutrik thing is an abonimation. I use one myself for my punch panel, and it's not a very nice experience to use. Also the interior... it doesn't look sophisticated.
  12. G

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

You're totally right on that. The Topping 've got now not to last a lifetime, basically. I also didn't want to buy an A90 due to its price and well, as you mentioned, reputation. What I actually want, is some higher end Schiit stuff, but the current lineup just doesn't do it for me yet. I think...
  13. G

New headphone recommendations

Hmm,.. I just got it in, mot changing it anytime soon, but it was nice to know earlier . But I’ll go the long route, using the Pi. I’m impressed by the G5’s. I don’t mind the bulkiness; as I am not taking it on the road anyways. It’s a bit of my in-between before I decide a larger stack with a...
  14. G

G5 and 800S are in. Playing from my iphone via bluetooth. The experience is pretty new,.. i know quite some older headphones and high end speakers,.. but the detail is astonishing, but the “soundstage” is weird,… tok far out. And yes, definitely need EQ. Which is a challenge using iphone. So...
  15. G

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Nice! I am in extreme doubt. I decided to buy the G5 instead. And if I know which one to take, perhaps next year,… i can still use this on the go or for other rooms too :) I will send back the ADI-2 pro fs black, unpacked,.. just a minor price difference. Totally fomo i need to work against...
  16. G

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Not really sure,.. just checking :) would still be a cool project; community,… and,.. science!
  17. G

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Is there still progress on the project? I haven’t read through all pages, but I was already designing my own GUI just never had a kick in the but to continue to work on it. Now im looking into streamers again, I wanted to start my own player. If not a streamer, then just a remote. I had to stop...
  18. G

Pff; I got it in, didn’t open te box,.. I may send it back. It’s just too expensive. Tje topping stack is cheap and better probably. Missing the EQ, but that’s then for the rPi or getting an android phone as Spotify Player instead oof using my iphone,… Also, Schiit looks pretty cool; but...
  19. G

Bummer.. :( I just bought it from Music Store Germany. I don't prefer AKM or ESS really. The price was best I could find 1445,- euros. Not cheap obviously, but still relatively good. Not sure if the version ill be getting has AKM. I didnt find any b-stock or second hand or demo models in the...
  20. G

Sorry, totally didn't get that monoprice is selling more stuff. And now its sold out. Yes they are fugly, but man, I miss my boxes when I had some Kimber select cables. (They looked cool, that was all, haha). I could use them for my DIY stuff and a DIY field computer, for hacking purposes only...
Top Bottom