Search results

1. B

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I don't know about those AV products but everyone that I have owned has put the phono input through a ADC then back through a DAC. None of them ever sounded right to me. I used a two channel preamp with HTB along with a Pre/Pro for a while and was happier. The best sound I have heard and what...
  2. B

I can't give up an analog preamp. Spining records is more important to me than multichannel music from Roon. I can't at this time see going away from spinning Blurays for movies. Im almost never going to watch a movie more than once so I can't see ripping them to hard drive. I never liked the...
  3. B

I looked for the Audio Research preamp. Could not find one and probably would not have wanted to spend that much if I could. I'd give up 7.1 movies if I had to.
  4. B

Thanks Cal. Big bummer. My Parasound P7 only has unbalanced RCAs for the 7.1 inputs. Is there even such a thing as a 8 channel preamp with balanced multichannel inputs. Has there ever been? I use the preamp for other inputs including Phono and not all of my amps have balanced input either...
  5. B

The Micro Rendu supports multichannel depending on the DAC apparently (Linux based). I am not sure if the DM7 is compatible or not. I am reading some worrying things about the performance of Topping balanced DACs when conversion cables are used. The multichannel inputs on my preamp are...
  6. B

Quick or maybe not so quick question. I want to start ripping my multichannel discs to my Roon library and play them through my main system which is based on a Micro Rendu endpoint. I run a Parasound P7 7.1 channel analog preamp . Is it as simple as hooking this up to the micro Rendu and...
Top Bottom