Search results

1. M

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I also have class D in another set. Two monoblocks Zero Zone, don't know exact power, some 3-400 wpc/8 ohm. They are dead silent (with passive preamp) and quite sharp. No heat at all, no power consuming, indeed practical. But you know, you always want to try something different.
  2. M

Yes, I got it. What power ampli would be good to use with the flex? Something around 150-200 wpc. Any of these? Adcom GFA-555ii, Advance Acoustic MAA-406, Bryston 4B, Vincent SP 331. They can be found used at reasonable price. Or others? Thanks for your help
  3. M

Thanks to all of you. I guess my motivation towards the flex has increased. I need to correct a room of boom. Just to know, my affection to the Carver goes back to when I was living and working in St. Louis (many years ago), I also got the power ampli M400A. Paired with the Celestion Ditton 66...
  4. M

Well I admit you could be right, the Carver is quite old. I could not find any test of the Flex as preamp, though.
  5. M

I just saw your answer, thanks. With this configuration are you using the DIRAC correction? That is the main reason why I am interested in the Flex. Otherwise I would just stay with the preamp(s) I have.
  6. M

Thanks for your answer. No, I just wanted to keep using my preamp (a Carver C1), that I assume is better than the Flex. But perhaps this is useless because the flex will always be in the chain. Any way to use it just as DAC and DSP, without the preampli?
  7. M

Sorry to interrupt your discussion. I have a naive question. Can the minidsp flex be interposed between preamp and power amp (without using it as a preamp), in a classic 2ch set? I could not find a clear answer so far. Grateful for any answer.
Top Bottom