Search results

1. D

which would you prefer for video games out of the following?

4.1 or 5.1 setup with quality satellites, all the way (for non-competitive).
  2. D

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

I'd be interested. I would only care about three things: -Very low wow & flutter -1 ohm output impedance for the headphone out -Replaceable battery or option for AA
  3. D

Recommendation for a first AVR setup with a big focus on stereo music

You should get a Elipson Planet M as a center speaker. Mismatching the fronts and the center is something that even the casuals find distracting. For AVR, an Onkyo RZ50 should be everything you need.
  4. D

If more speakers don't help, why do cars have so many speakers?

Upmixing is great. You might be (very) disappointed though, if you have a reflective room, and you compare it to your car.
  5. D

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Does not measure well.
  6. D

The Case Against OLED

Hehe, this looks so silly. I mean, I love 60fps for sports and concerts and stuff like that... but films (and tv series) are intrinsically fake, and 24fps (plus crushed blacks or faded colors, etc) helps hide that.
  7. D

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

Watched that a couple of days ago. The bend on the crossover board makes me nervous.
  8. D

Batch Resample in MacOS

From Terminal. Edit: Maybe you can do it directly to FLAC.
  9. D

Instrument seperation ..how do we read this in the measurements. ?

Instrument separation is a quality pertaining to the mix (and hence of its recording quality and techniques). In other words, it is not a characteristic of the gear and as such cannot be measured on the gear, on its own. That being said, I’m not trying to be coy and pretend I don’t know what...
  10. D

Does listing equipment help anything?

The rationale behind this is that your opinion is not valid unless you can prove your setup is expensive enough. You will never achieve anything with people that think like that, so don’t bother. There is a guy in this forum, that makes comparisons of different releases of the same album...
  11. D

Can you wear your IEMs while you eat?

I can (because they don’t fall off while eating), but I don’t. 1. What would be the point of listening to all that chewing noise? 2. With a good fit, while chewing, IEMs become like pumps in your ears, and that’s a very uncomfortable sensation. Just give your ears a nice rest, while eating.
  12. D

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

I just wasn’t born to find beauty in speakers. I mostly divide speakers into type of ugliness: -Inoffensive bulky boxes that try (but fail) to blend in, like the KEF R3. -Weird exotic things that stand out like a sore thumb, like the KEF Blades. -Drab driver containers, like the Genelecs...
  13. D

Monolith by Monoprice THX Certified Satellite Speakers (review by Erin)

Bought these as surrounds. These are great. Any alternative that avoids the downsides of these speakers are of 30cm depth, and I didn’t really want that, for the size of my room. Since the price is very cheap, I decided to buy these and just buy something else, if I found these insufficient. The...
  14. D

iOS resampling

Sample rate can be set in multiple ways in iOS: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/audiodriverkit/iouseraudioclockdevice/3757995-setsamplerate https://developer.apple.com/documentation/webkitjs/audiocontext/1633727-samplerate
  15. D

iOS resampling

If you are talking about Apple’s dongle, it support multiple sample rates, up to 48KHz. iOS automatically changes the sample rate, in any app, to stay bit perfect.
  16. D

My OEM Car System has ruined HiFi for me. Thoughts?

Absorption + Upmixing with Dolby/DTS. If you get it right, it's even better than a car. Just remember to enable the option that avoids sending everything to the center channel. Don't remember the name right now. Or even better, configure the speaker setup for 4.1, instead of 5.1. Edit: Wait, I...
  17. D

What is the better wiring for a DAC? Long USB cable vs. long unbalanced RCA?

Definitely RCA. Certified USB-C cables, that can guarantee to function properly, will always be of short length. Whereas a decent RCA cable should be able to handle 25ft with no problem. That being said, for length, always use ethernet, when possible.
  18. D

Help with choosing a set of speakers for home theatre and music

Depends on how loud you listen to music/movies. You'll have the active subwoofer, which will help the AVR handle the R3s. And, if you get the speakers to a 2m distance, I would definitely not worry about this aspect (assuming the active subwoofer is already in place). Either way, I don't know...
  19. D

Help with choosing a set of speakers for home theatre and music

If you are in Europe, my first instinct would be to try to find the non-meta KEF R3, to use as front speakers. And with the stands, try to get the listening distance down to 2 meters. Then you can start thinking about what subwoofer to get.
Top Bottom