Search results

1. pma560

Measurements of Switches - Is this worthy of a proper response in the form of a YouTube Video of Amir for example???

An even cheaper solution apparently: a "network filter", 285 euros :oops: (seeing this in the Beekhuyzen video released today)(didn't want to link it) There is no explanation about what it does (and the "exploded view" doesn't show any components unfortunately). In DA conversion, picoseconds...
  2. pma560

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

I think it's a general problem with threads that become large: many parallel discussions are going on at the same time. Now you have to page through 112+ pages of 20 posts to find some nuggets of useful info here and there. I suggest the Eversolo gets its own forum section :p
  3. pma560

So Beekhuyzen's measurements seem to show no audible difference. Yet in the "sound quality" section he hears a difference (?!). I'm curious to know how his graphs compare to Amir's.
  4. pma560

Strangely enough, this seems to be the only video where he actually does show measurements (!?) (about 6:30 into the video) A local shop has both in stock (regular and master edition), will probably go there soon to listen.
  5. pma560

how many DACs are out there?

Yes, there are too many, many more than I thought. I'll let the site expire (the.dac.guide), in the end it was a waste of time :(
  6. pma560

Just added only 2: Jay's Audio and Audioengine. I was thinking that the only brands left are maybe the tiny ones and ones that are no longer trading, but the Jay's Audio DAC was reviewed on Beekhuyzen's channel 2 weeks ago (!)
  7. pma560

No, not yet, have been crazy busy with work & other projects lately.. I'm hoping to have time for this in January :rolleyes:
  8. pma560

Ok maybe the number is closer to 250 .. (at 210 now). There seem to be lots and lots of relatively new Chinese brands. For some it is difficult to find basic info. For example "Arylic" has no address, and no info on when it was founded. I sent them email, but no reply yet. The "about us" page...
  9. pma560

The real answer can't be that far off. I'm now guessing the total number of brands is close to 200. & thanks for the story pointers :) It is definitely not failing. When switching it with an Arcam ST60 in a store I couldn't hear a difference (even though the sales guy could :p) I remember a...
  10. pma560

I also have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ sitting here, connected to a Behringer UCA202 DAC (!)(which cost maybe 10-15 euros at the time), running Moode (so it has internet radio & spotify). an Intel NUC is now connected to the DacMagic, running Kodi. The CXN V2 would be so there's a single box instead...
  11. pma560

Thanks, these are really useful pointers, Topping does look like a winner. For features I'm looking at the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. A local shop is willing to lend me one so I can try it out at home (!) I do want it to sound better than my current DAC of course (will try to set up good blind...
  12. pma560

No, absolutely, no real point yet. I just add a couple every few days or so. I do enjoy learning a bit more about the market though. Funny to read how many of the high-end "about us" stories are similar :)
  13. pma560

Counter is at 157. I'm also finding there are relatively many small outfits that produce low volume high priced stuff.
  14. pma560

added a couple more, total stands at 149 o_O (https://the.dac.guide/dac_brands) Some of them I had listed as being from Hong Kong, updated those to China. This makes 26 (!) brands from China, almost all founded after 2000 (for 5 companies I could not find a founding year though). Is it maybe...
  15. pma560

8 more added (Block, Sabaj, Dion, Goldmund, Devialet, MHDT, Spectral, California Audio Labs) There are many more high-end audio brands than I thought. It must be a lucrative business.
  16. pma560

13 more added, slowly going crazy o_O It is sometimes interesting to read the background stories though (I try to dig up the founding year of each brand). Thinking of training a neural net with the founding stories, so I can auto-generate new ones :) It should even be easier to train a net...
  17. pma560

Added 17 (!) more brands (Xindak, Accuphase, Yamaha, Orpheus, Creek, North Star Design, Boulder, YBA, M-Audio, iBasso, Channel Islands, Singxer, Micromega, AVM, Hawk Audio, Stack Audio, van Medevoort). (https://the.dac.guide/dac_brands) I should maybe add a flag for brands that are no longer...
  18. pma560

Thanks for the pointer, very useful. Again, happy to have found all this before making a purchase :) This reminds me of a "sales manual" I read ages ago, targeted at sales people in a book store. Lots of stuff about how to classify a customer as they walk in the door, tricks to steer the...
  19. pma560

Also love the Youtube videos, by the way, catching up on those now. Funny how, while watching "Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference", I get recommended the video "The sound of network switches" o_O
  20. pma560

that huge "SINAD" bar chart?
Top Bottom