Search results

1. J

Electrocompaniet ECD1 Dac Troubleshooting

Thank you for the freeze spray explanation. I understand the testing now. The ECD1 was actually released in 2002, so I think I will continue using the ECD1 and try to learn more about the cause of the problem. If it can’t be resolved I’ll just start looking for a newer Dac. When it’s working...
  2. J

Thank you! However, I’m not familiar with what you’ve mentioned. I think I get it, but not sure of how I would proceed. Send it back to the factory or to a proper repair center perhaps? Then again I need to decide if I want to invest in repairing the ECD1.
  3. J

Thanks to all for the reply’s. I’m still experimenting with reproducing the issue. I can say that it is most frequent at the first piece of music played. Yesterday I turned the system on and selected a 192kHz hi res piece of music. Lousy sound, toggle inputs and resolved the issue...
  4. J

Hello, new member here. This forum felt to me like a great place to ask a couple questions about my ECD1. First, here is my setup: Node 2i, streaming Qobuz > ECD1 Dac > Herron VTSP-3A pre > Odyessy Khartago amp > KEF R11 speakers. First, a general question, since the ECD1 is 2002 technology...
Top Bottom