Search results

1. C

A reasonable (AB class) replacement for Yamaha A-S801 integrated amp

Returning after three months if there are (or will be in the future) some folks here that are curious if and if so, then how I resolved the problem with Yamaha A-S801 sibilance I had, here’s what did a trick for me. Now after trying different things and configurations in my PC based system...
  2. C

Converting Equalizer Apo 31 band graphic eq settings into PEQ in Jriver

Hey, sorry for a late reply Well that sounds kind of complicated to me as I'm only into basics of audio tech (which I hope will change after participating into this forum). Not experienced in taking measurements and interpreting them. oh yeah, a step-by-step tutorial from A to B would be very...
  3. C

Converting Equalizer Apo 31 band graphic eq settings into PEQ in Jriver

Hello, Been curious if there's any quick, easy and convenient way to export the Equalizer APO 31 band graphic eq settings and convert them into PEQ to use them for example in JRiver? Found just one solution in the web which I don't fully understand, involving the WebPlotDigitizer to the whole...
  4. C

Small update below: ^ more details: I tried couple times toslink optical connection between my old pc (Z170 motheadboard with onboard soundcard and realtek) to yamaha dac with the results mentioned above. Basically couldn't bypass the realtek onboard driver when plugged the spdif. When tried to...
  5. C

Before A-S801 had just vintage technics I mentioned and things were similar in the same times of a day, but worse. I also experienced these problems with the same amps in different flat but on this very same residential. Wall outlets weren't fully grounded but zeroed and also encountered little...
  6. C

Some additional info: yamaha got 2 prong socket and all the electric outlets in the flat aren't grounded, they are just zeroed. It's been likte this in a different flat when I had the same problems with A-S801. Maybe that's got something to do with this situation? Sometimes, when I touch...
  7. C

Will try that after work when the problem will occur again and post the measurements here in this thread Not 100% sure about it, but I think the problem may get worse when I do oversampling with the dac or software dsp, I mean this harshness and distortion is somewhet empahsized when doing even...
  8. C

Hey, thanks a lot once again! Didn't mean to be rude in any way. I'm using android based phone Tried to plug in tv via spdif but each time it is alistenable, distorted horribly bright and sounds just like the tv very low end onboard speaker itself just going directly through the amp to the...
  9. C

Maybe it has something to do with a dac and pc server switching power supply? It's also one of the scenarios I'm considering. I have a very nice quality switching but quiet psu, it has power factor correction though, so it shouldn't cause RFI. Not quite sure if the yamaha a-s801 onboard dac is...
  10. C

Not exactly sure what humoruos can one find about what I wrote. I mentioned I am not an electronic passionate nor electrician and have none specific knowledge in this field, so things like taking electric measurements of the amp output and interpreting them are not obvious for me even if these...
  11. C

The thing is it's not a separate noise or hum itself. It's with the playback when I'm listening to music, sound is just getting brassy, unclarified, distorted, borderline piercing and harsh especially at the top end. It can be pretty smooth and clarified though when it has it's "good moment".
  12. C

okay bro thanks for the tips! Please tell me more how to plug a microphone to this voltage regulator to make the amp output measurements? Also please tell me how to attach this can of graphite spray to my system to increase shielding? We're talking about the emptied can of course? Best wishes
  13. C

Are you sure? What about RFI transmited that way? it sits over 9khz. It can suggest to be an rfi as when plugging of the line the internet router usually helps this. But if this still exists it has to still be in the grid and I don't have an influence on what other people in their apartaments...
  14. C

No chances for a ground loop, sir. Everything plugged in into the same socket. Just amp and pc server so basically just two devices. It starts to distort the same exact time of the day the OP pointed out. It has to be something with the amp power handling and filtration. It plays so fine for...
  15. C

Hey op, had you figured out what the cause of your problem is yet? I’m writing, and in fact I actually registered to this forum, cause I’m particulary in the same water as you are, dealing with the Yamaha A-S801 and thinking about an upgrade. Coincidence is I also live in Poland, but in the...
Top Bottom