Search results

1. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

I ordered a UMIK-1 mic and downloaded the REW software. Will start by analyzing the room first then play around with the EQ. My concern is the Audyssey APP will correct too broad of a frequency range. Also, I have stands arriving tomorrow for a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2's I am using in my...
  2. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

I am using the Audyssey app for calibration but I have not tried to implement any eq corrections using app. I need to learn a bit more before trying to edit things. Regarding the speaker angling, I have tried that with no luck. I will give the EQ a try first.. definitely cheaper than new...
  3. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

Two years ago, I acquired the Focal 826-D speakers, but I've now embarked on a quest to explore alternatives. In hindsight, I realize I should have conducted more extensive research before making my purchase. The piercing highs of the Focals have become unbearable for me, prompting the need for...
  4. S

DAC Advice Needed

Means I took the D90se out of the box and tried it out
  5. S

DAC Advice Needed

Funny story.. D90se arrived this afternoon and I could not stand it. I set the unit up and started playing music. Ten minutes into the session, the optical port on the unit failed. I am going to consider this a sign and send the unit back for a refund. Still debating on sending the Node...
  6. S

DAC Advice Needed

I appreciate everyone responses and advice regarding my DAC questions. After reading through everything I have realized I have a lot to learn. The internal Denon DAC sounds pretty good and after setting everything up with the toslink cable, I find it hard to complain. However, I would love to...
  7. S

DAC Advice Needed

I got that. I misunderstood
  8. S

DAC Advice Needed

I have to be doing something wrong then So, the music you are streaming is not physically downloaded to a computer but rather online streaming?
  9. S

DAC Advice Needed

If I am streaming music and using the Denon's DAC, I am limited to AAC 96 kbps and no more. There is an exception. I can play hi-res music using the Denon's DAC if I download the file and play it from a computer drive or usb. This information came directly from Denon tech support The only...
  10. S

DAC Advice Needed

Ha! Thanks! My two brain cells have been walking in circles and one just fell over!
  11. S

DAC Advice Needed

I can stream from cellphone via Google cast, Bluetooth, computer and HEOS but am stuck at aac 96. I suppose this is the main reason to get a separate DAC so I can stream hi-res music.
  12. S

DAC Advice Needed

I have hooked up the Toslink cable and bypassed the Node 2i. The DAC on the Denon sounds pretty good but there is one issue. All of the music I stream into the Denon DAC is limited to AAC 96 kbps. The only way to play hi-res music, according to Denon tech support, is to download the file to a...
  13. S

DAC Advice Needed

Good point. Maybe I am just thinking one sounds better than the other.
  14. S

DAC Advice Needed

Bypassed the Node and ran direct through the Denon. Sounds pretty good but there is one issue. The Denon will only output AAC 96 kbps streaming. I also confirmed this with Denon.
  15. S

DAC Advice Needed

I will give that a try and thank you!
  16. S

DAC Advice Needed

Here is my ignorance showing. Are you saying I could get rid of the node and simply run the Topping D90se into the Denon and use the Denon as the streamer? If thats the case, the nose is getting returned.
  17. S

DAC Advice Needed

I already have a cheaper DAC in the form of the Node 2i which I can easily tell the difference between that and the CXN-v2 that I returned. The Topping D90se is still cheaper than the Cambridge so I figured I would give it a try. Lastly, the reviews on the Topping were really good.
  18. S

DAC Advice Needed

The reason I am searching for an external DAC is I could very easily hear the difference between the 4700's DAC and the Cambridge CXN-v2 regarding sound. The difference, to my ears, was night and day with the CXN sounding punchier and just overall better. The Node 2i, does not come close to...
  19. S

DAC Advice Needed

Right now, I am running analog out of the Node 2i and into the Denon 4700. Are you saying I should run an optical instead of the analog connection? To my ears, the CXN-v2 has sounded better than the Denon alone or through the Node 2i. Hard to explain but the sound quality just isn't there. I...
  20. S

DAC Advice Needed

I am struggling with making a decision on a stand alone DAC. Having just purchased a Bluesound Node 2i, I am not too impressed with the sound quality. However, I do really enjoy the streaming app so I plan on keeping the Node for that reason alone. The only other DAC I have to compare the...
Top Bottom