Search results

1. G

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

ok thank you for this clarification
  2. G

Thank you for your reply. I'm not interested in the DAC function (I have a better DAC already) I'm just interested in the mic in/preamp performance of the M2 vs the M4 and the 2i2 3rd gen.
  3. G

I'm surprised the M2's ADC SINAD is this low. According to Motu's website, the M2 and M4 should perform the same is this regard: https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m2/specs/ has THD+N (unweighted) at -129dBu EIN https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m4/specs/ also has THD+N...
  4. G

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

This must have been asked/answered somewhere already but I can't seem to find it: which program is Amir using for his parametric EQ?
  5. G

Review and Measurements of SMSL VMV D1 DAC

Yes, I put that huge arrow there. It's a white sticker that I cut to a triangle shape to make increase volume visibility :D
  6. G

Yes, that's with the lowest gain on the THX
  7. G

I have the following question/issue with my SMSL VMV D1: When I set it to Volume fixed (max) output and pair it with my THX 789 AAA amplifier and low impedance headphones like my LCD-X, the music is so loud I can barely control the volume on the amp's volume knob. I need to make millimeter...
  8. G

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I'll see about that thanks for the advice
  9. G

Yes the sound is clean between breaks and yes the black Samsung unit is a breakout Box connected with that thick wire. The TV has no ports of its own besides ethernet. The only audio output is the optical out on that little box. My DAC works fine with everything else by the way. Thanks for your...
  10. G

After testing different configurations, it turns out the sound is fine when playing movies through USB or when streaming through Wifi. It's only when I watch TV through satellite that the sound is buggy. Weird O_O
  11. G

I did and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem The unit I got through Amazon.fr in France where I live was version 2. Massdrop also now offers version 2.
  12. G

I am trying to use my SMSL SU-8 V2 DAC to connect my Samsung QE55Q6F 2017 TV to my JBL LSR 308 Active monitor speakers and I would need someone's help as the sound keeps cutting off every 3 to 4 seconds. Here's my setup: - I set my TV to "Audio Out Optical" (see attachment). - I set all my...
  13. G

Audeze LCD MX4 measurements

Thanks for the weight comparison. The 15g variation might be due to the cable. Do you happen to have your unit's frequency response graph? You could post it without the serial number and I will add it to the graph I made
  14. G

Audeze LCD MX4 measurements

Here are a collection of frequency response graphs of the Audeze LCD MX4 I assembled. The first one I made from posts on head-fi (pardon my poor photoshop skills :p). The second is from DIY Audio heaven. The third one is taken from audiofanatyk.pl. I was wondering if someone on this forum has...
  15. G

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

It seems like Audio-GD has just released a statement on their website. It's poorly written but I guess it addresses the ongoing debate in this and other threads in this forum: http://www.audio-gd.com/En audio-gd.htm
  16. G

Ok, thanks! I just ordered it on Amazon, let's see which version I end up with :p
  17. G

I ordered this DAC to be used with my THX AAA 789. My question is what volume should I set the DAC to when listening as it doesn't seem to have a line out/fixed output? Thanks for the help!
Top Bottom