Search results

1. C

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

It seems like Topping has a bit of a reputation for shoddy durability. Until Topping publicly acknowledges these issues and resolves them I do not think it is responsible for reviewers and places like ASR to recommend purchasing their products, given that these defects are latent and would not...
  2. C

Yes, that's right - DX5 doesn't appear. It is cold to the touch whereas before it would always be very warm. I'll have to use my built-in monitor speakers until topping can fix and return it which will make my ears bleed :(
  3. C

After my DX5 broke, I installed the latest V4.82 Windows drivers on my PC just fine. The DAC still didn't work, so I attempted to install the new drivers for the DAC itself. The firmware updating tool started up just fine and I could select the necessary drivers, but the update tool could not...
  4. C

I never tried updating it before the fault. I then tried to update the firmware but the topping software didn't detect the DX5 (which checks out as Windows doesn't detect it anymore either). So it is impossible to update the firmware.
  5. C

Chipping in here to report the same update loop issue with my DX5. Just getting the "CPLD updata" and "upgrade success" displays cycling, then update failure. It's totally bricked only a month after first receiving it - appalling QC from Topping. When it did "work", I also had the same massive...
Top Bottom